Is this build alright?

account4anaccount

Beta member
PCPartPicker part list: Intel Core i3-4130, XFX Radeon R9 280X, NZXT Source 210 (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
Storage: *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: *XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I'm gonna be using a few recycled parts which I have marked for 0$. Is this all gonna work together alright and be able to run games well?

PCPartPicker part list: Intel Core i3-4130, XFX Radeon R9 280X, NZXT Source 210 (Black) - System Build - PCPartPicker

CPU: Intel Core i3-4130 3.4GHz Dual-Core Processor
Motherboard: ASRock H81M-HDS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
Storage: *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: *XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Double Dissipation Video Card
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: Corsair Builder 500W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply

I'm gonna be using a few recycled parts which I have marked for 0$. Is this all gonna work together alright and be able to run games well?
Good setup, but I'd try and swing for a Seasonic 520w instead rather than the Corsair.

Honestly, if you can swing a Z board, I read they will be compatible with the up coming intel release.
Good future planning.
Wouldn't put much thought into it honestly. Won't give beneficial performance margins worth the extra cost of the Z board over getting a better PSU instead.

Good setup, but I'd try and swing for a Seasonic 520w instead rather than the Corsair.

Wouldn't put much thought into it honestly. Won't give beneficial performance margins worth the extra cost of the Z board over getting a better PSU instead.

Two questions. What is a Z board? And how much better would that Seasonic be because I'm really budgeted and that corsair is really cheap

Two questions. What is a Z board? And how much better would that Seasonic be because I'm really budgeted and that corsair is really cheap

The Z board is the level/features of the motherboard. The one you have is an H81, which is slightly old, newest out is Z97. They're pricey so if it's a budget thing, don't worry.

Seasonic vs the Corsair, the SS is a much better quality and cleaner power psu. I have the Corsair branded vesion of that 520 SS now for 5 or is it 7 yrs now and it's running great and has powered multiple builds.
While the Corsair is okay, the SS will be worth the cost over the time you'll have it.

Z series boards only offer additional features that budget minded people don't really need. H81 isn't exactly old, as it's all pretty much the same platform/chipset with cost reduction exclusions. The main reason anybody would want a Z like a Z97 is to get overclocking of K series processors. The ASRock Z97 Anniversary is less than 100 bucks, but you would be spending 50 extra bucks for overclocking of which you can't do.

It's not a case of how much better, it's simply quality vs cheapness. Corsair's CX line is a good quality budget line whereas the Seasonic S1211 520w [for example] is a midrange quality unit by Seasonic. The big difference here being the Seasonic has better quality parts and in turn could last you quite a long time. Not saying the CX couldn't, just I don't see the point buying into the CX line if you don't have to. It could save you money in the end anyways, as you can run pretty much any single GPU solution off the Seasonic with no sweat.

On the PS Corsair uses two companies to make there PS for them, Seasonic is the one that makes there better units but the Builder series is made by the other company, Although it is good it isn't as good of a quality as the Seasonic brand. I don't know who makes the Builder series (I forgot actually) But there made for the lower budget builds, Decent but not great.

I actually listed off all the OEMs in another thread.

Seasonic OEMs two of their models, both of which have basically been discontinued. CWT makes practically all of their models now. I really don't hold them as high of a standard as Seasonic, but there's no denying they make some good units for Corsair. That being said, Seasonic > CX.

Back
Top Bottom