What makes it Fast?

Not always true... Several laptop boards can support different processors though they are limited in choice, but here is the trick, making sure the cooling solution of the laptop can handle the increased load, and even trickier, least back 4 or 5 years ago, Intel processors HAD to have a specific FSB to work on the board, otherwise no go.

No. Actually, there's even a good chance no other processor will work. The first and foremost thing that needs to be in place is the code for other CPUs to work in that particular board. Laptop boards aren't like desktop boards; they are typically only made to use one CPU.

Is this due to the Bios Configuration also? In car talk, just because its a big block doesn't mean that everything for a big block would work? Sorry lol, i try putting it in terms i can understand. Also thank you for the response.

What would happen if i did put a different processor in the motherboard and it wasn't compatible? Would it ruin the socket/Motherboard? Or would it even turn on?

Not always true... Several laptop boards can support different processors though they are limited in choice, but here is the trick, making sure the cooling solution of the laptop can handle the increased load, and even trickier, least back 4 or 5 years ago, Intel processors HAD to have a specific FSB to work on the board, otherwise no go.

So how would you know which processor you can use? I tried browsing forums to do some research but found that the cpu is soldered to the board. Mine has a simple lock that you can turn to unlock the processor from its postion. So mine isn't soldered.

I noiticed that the Cq57, has many different cpu's. Some actually have the AMD cpu instead of intel. So information is scarce and scattered everywhere. Thank you guys for sharing your information with me.

Last edited:
Today's laptops since AMD and Intel release several different CPUs for each slot (look at how many this particular model shares) they have been locking down in the bios to a single processor. Of course this isn't always true, but when dealing with lower end models you just have to assume this is the case. In the case of Intel laptops the cooling solution doesn't matter much when dealing with lower end laptops. It's either a dual core, or a dual core. The TDP is so low that most all cooling solutions can handle interchangeable processors. Not so much for GPUs though, but that's a different ballpark.

Then you have BGA which means you're SOL.

So how would you know which processor you can use? I tried browsing forums to do some research but found that the cpu is soldered to the board. Mine has a simple lock that you can turn to unlock the processor from its postion. So mine isn't soldered.

I noiticed that the Cq57, has many different cpu's. Some actually have the AMD cpu instead of intel. So information is scarce. Thank you guys for sharing your information with me.
Yea, I linked that PDF just to show you what potentially your laptop could handle. There is 0 way of knowing without trial and error.

Have a question on USB Splitters/Hub. Does splitting a Usb port into three ports affect performance/communications between the computer and usb device?

Been thinking about putting a Little usb hub on my desk so i dont have to search for the usb outlets on the computer.

Overall, is it a bad idea to split up the usb outlets?

Usually a good idea to not depend on hubs.

USB is Universal Serial Bus, which is an interrupt-driven protocol. This means that it depends on "interrupting" the CPU to perform it's tasks, which means it's pretty CPU dependent on getting work done. Splitting off of a single port will reduce the available bandwidth to each device if you have several devices hooked up via the hub at the same time and actively working. Generally they're fine to use - using a USB 3.0 port and a 3.0 hub would be more beneficial.

Question on storage devices, does having a storage device maxed out on memory hurt the device over a period of time? If so, what is a good safe zone to stay at? Ex, 75% 80%

Hurt it? Not necessarily...but it can possibly reduce performance due to lack of space for various operations.

Back
Top Bottom