Upgrade to GTX 670 - worth it?

iCobble

Baseband Member
I currently have the GTX 560 Ti with the following specs:
Asus P8P67 PRO REV 3.1
Intel Core i5 2500K 3.3GHz
G-Skill 8GB
OCZ ZS Series 650W

Firstly, would I need to upgrade any other components in order to effectively use a 670? If so it's unlikely that I'll go ahead with the upgrade due to the cost.
And would the upgrade make a huge difference, or not much?
I play games such as Arma 3 and Far Cry 4 (1080p).

Thanks! :)

Why not a 760? Are you getting it used?
The 760 is cheaper which is obviously good, would the upgrade make a big difference? As I understand the 670 is better but if the 760 isn't far off I'll go for that.
I prefer buying new because then I'm covered if something goes wrong, but buying second hand is still a possibility.

Thanks

honestly ur better off getting a used card u can probably pick up a used 770 for 150ish. always make sure u get a evga since they have the easiest rma to work with.

The 760 is cheaper which is obviously good, would the upgrade make a big difference? As I understand the 670 is better but if the 760 isn't far off I'll go for that.
I prefer buying new because then I'm covered if something goes wrong, but buying second hand is still a possibility.

Thanks
The 760 and 670 aren't far from each other. Yes the upgrade would make a huge difference as the 560ti is slower than even the 660.

honestly ur better off getting a used card u can probably pick up a used 770 for 150ish. always make sure u get a evga since they have the easiest rma to work with.
I can +1 this as well.

I've had a look round and I can't find a 770 for that price. Even if I did I'm more tempted by the 760 now, can get it new for around £150...

I've had a look round and I can't find a 770 for that price. Even if I did I'm more tempted by the 760 now, can get it new for around £150...
He means a used 770 for 150ish USD. Which most sell around 200 actually. Since you're not in the US, a new eVGA 760 would be recommended unless you knew somebody selling a card for a good deal personally.

The 760 and 670 aren't far from each other. Yes the upgrade would make a huge difference as the 560ti is slower than even the 660.

I can +1 this as well.

He means a used 770 for 150ish USD. Which most sell around 200 actually. Since you're not in the US, a new eVGA 760 would be recommended unless you knew somebody selling a card for a good deal personally.

Ah ok, the cheapest I can find is around £200 which is over budget for me.
I've found an Asus 760 which is a cheaper than the eVGA, so I might go with that as my budget is limited. Is there much difference between them?
Asus 760
EVGA 760

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom