Club3d R9 290... $279cdn

patonb

Golden Master
As it says, shops selling the Club3d r9 cards cheap. Been needing a new gpu, but haven't had AMD in 10yrs.
Ideally I'd love a 970, but the price of the r9 290 at $279 is unreal, usually $500+.

Reviews show great cooling vs reference and even other after markets.

So anyone with 290s have any input if it's worth it getting a 290 at $279?

If you're worried about temps then just get a 970 lol.

Take a look at the name though. What you're buying would be the RoyalKing, and the review you linked is the Ace which has 3 fans and a bigger heatsink. The RoyalKing has a typical heatsink design and fan design like any of the other manufacturers.

Yha, the Ace is 339..... I now have found a GB 970 for $389....... I've stupidly cheap.. despite not really concerned with money.. If it's not broke why fix it.....
GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

If you're worried about temps then just get a 970 lol.

Take a look at the name though. What you're buying would be the RoyalKing, and the review you linked is the Ace which has 3 fans and a bigger heatsink. The RoyalKing has a typical heatsink design and fan design like any of the other manufacturers.

It's cold in my house and i'm almost missing my old PC i just replaced. Always kept my office nice and warm. This new rig (with a 980) doesn't put out much heat at all.

Back
Top Bottom