HELP. NEW COMPUTER BUILD PROBLEMS.

mehguy

Baseband Member
Ok, so I built my machine and tried hooking up a vga cable and turning it on for the first time. No luck. Just says "No signal".

HELP.

:SeriouslyChan:

Any fans spinning? Any beeps or lights on the motherboard? What components do you have?

Have you triple checked all of your power connections and made sure that RAM/GPU/etc. are all inserted securely?

Probably the fastest and easiest way would be to pull the board out of the case, inspect the cpu fan/heatsink mount, use only one stick of memory and check that for proper installment. Use the on board video if you can do that and connect your 4/8 pin connector for the cpu, the 24 pin for the board and if you have to use a graphics card, be sure your power is properly connected to that too.
Place the board on a non-conductive surface and see if it will show a post screen when your temporarily short the pwr on (use small screw driver tip) pins together on the front panel header
You do not have to have anything else connected except the cpu/heatsink/fan, one stick of memory, power supply, keyboard, mouse monitor and possibly a video card if you have too.

Last edited:
No beeps. All fans are spinning. I only have one stick of ram.

Give us a list of your hardware please. Are you using a graphics card or taking the video from the motherboard? If a GPU ensure that you hooked up the power cable for the GPU as well.

Give us a list of your hardware please. Are you using a graphics card or taking the video from the motherboard? If a GPU ensure that you hooked up the power cable for the GPU as well.

I have no GPU.

CPU: A6 6400k
MOBO: Gigabyte f2a88x-d3h
RAM: Kingston hyperx fury 4GB
PSU: EVGA 600W
Harddrive: Seagate 1TB

Might I add that I had to force down the cpu into the socket. It wouldn't drop in place.

Last edited:
Oh that's not good. CPUs should never have to be forced down in my opinion, that can damage the CPU. Usually they simply slot into place. Just a quick word of warning, FM2 and FM2+ are similar sockets, but they do have incompatibilities. Certain Kaveri APUs are not supported by FM2 because they're designed for FM2+. Your motherboard has an FM2 socket, whereas the processor recommends FM2+. Always a good idea to check these things :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom