Buying a new laptop.

Not true windows eight influenced thinner designs and ultrabooks with touch screens, SO MANY TOUCHSCREENS.

That's because Windows 8 was heavily touch focused, whereas 10 is bringing back a more traditional Windows experience. What's come out is already out and I don't expect anything else to really change in favor of 10 because it's a step backwards (in a good way) compared to what we've already seen.

Thinner formats are from a hardware evolvement process and the widespread adoption of tablets and thin mobile devices like Ultrabooks/Air.
More efficient hardware designs like Maxwell GPUs and Haswell CPUs made this possible, not Windows 8. Windows 8 just pushed forward the stupid touch focused experience which failed hard.

I agree windows must have been trying to be like apple and push it out any way but they forgot that windows users used windows and mac users use macs touch screens are silly anyway + fingerprints get really annoying!

I have a Lumia 820, and honestly 8.1 Phone isn't that bad. It's pretty smooth even for an older phone. Thing is, it has almost 0 apps for it that I use on Android and a locked down SMS package like Apple. For that I can't use Windows Phone, same for most other people. People who have invested in Apple Store apps or Play Store apps won't want to switch either.

I just recently upgraded to a Sony Xperia Z3 and I love it. Not much use for tabs, I just borrow my son's from time to time.

You figure out what you're doing with the laptop?

Back
Top Bottom