Buying a new laptop.

SmashingTrees68

Baseband Member
Okay, so I am looking to buy a new laptop in 2015 preferably an Asus(I like their build quality).

This laptop will be used a bit for video and photo editing and a large amount for gaming, I will also use it to study and watch movies. Multimedia.

My favourite option right now is the Asus N551JM it comes with higher spec models (i7 4710hq, 8gm ram, 1tb 7200rpm, nvidia GTX 860m 4gb.) or lower spec models (i5, 8gb ram, 750 5400rpm, nvidia 850m 2gb VRAM) p.s. the gpus are both Kepler.

Which should I get, also should I wait until Q2, Q3 2015 for the updated 2015 model with 5th gen intel cores and better specs and features.

Also if you know any laptops better suited for my needs please let me know!
Thx

If you are gaming, the 860 is much better, and depending on the editing, you may benefit from the i7.

So if you can swing it, the i7, but as for 5th gen cpus, when they get released is a crap shoot, as they were to have sent them out already.

Well it is a few hundred aud more, but I may be able to do it also do u know how long the battery life would be on the different models?
Thx

I dont know... I still want to get the highest quality N551JM, the price is about $2000 AUD. P.s. I live in Western Australia it is currently 12:45 pm.

Not real sure why you're stuck on one of those. They have a 720p panel and the 860m is a weak graphics card. To give a perspective, an 860m is slightly weaker than a 750ti. The only real good thing about the laptop itself is it looks pretty slim and it has a quad i7. I say wait for a 970m because the 970m and 980m are closer to actual desktop performance than any other mobile GPU and they are extremely efficient which helps in battery life.

Im just wondering that without going to expensive/gaming laptop if I will ever be able to get a 970m in a laptop for the same form factor/price.

Back
Top Bottom