Lenovo Y580

Goblin1986

Baseband Member
Hi everyone! I am making this post on my friend's request! He has Lenovo Y580 laptop and when he switches it to the outlet and touches laptop it beats the current, not much but it can be felt! Does anybody face such problem? Thanks beforehand for help!

Not sure what you mean by "beat the current" ? Do you mean he gets shocked when touching the chassis of the laptop when it's plugged into the AC outlet?

I've got a dell laptop which is like corvus coraxes dell as a computer company is number one and I think it's the best you can buy not Lenovo and from what I've heard they aren't brilliant laptops

I've got a dell laptop which is like corvus coraxes dell as a computer company is number one and I think it's the best you can buy not Lenovo and from what I've heard they aren't brilliant laptops

Dell is a joke, Dell is the most brands I had to fix.... I never recommend Dell to anyone.

Mm Lenovo good ain't had that mate mm I got Lenovo and it mm mint laptop

Disagreed with both of these. As a repair tech, I've worked on more Dell's than anything.

Lenovo's are quite decent laptops, especially their higher end laptops as well as their business class Thinkpad laptops.

Not sure what you mean by "beat the current" ? Do you mean he gets shocked when touching the chassis of the laptop when it's plugged into the AC outlet?
Yes I mean he gets shocked when touching it whet it is plugged into the AC!! Not much but it is not very pleasant feeling you know!!!

Yes I mean he gets shocked when touching it whet it is plugged into the AC!! Not much but it is not very pleasant feeling you know!!!

Are you sure it's not just static from being dry inside the house?

If it is indeed because of the laptop being plugged into the outlet...then there's a short somewhere. Is the chassis metal/aluminum on the laptop? You could look into taking it apart and making sure there isn't a short near the power jack by either doing it yourself or taking it into a shop.

Back
Top Bottom