Tri Screen gaming on single GTX 980

the1truegamer

In Runtime
Hey all,

quick question about the limits of the GTX 980. I currently have one GTX 980 running a Asus VG248QE Monitor. I have a second monitor (same model) i haven't hooked up yet because i need a cable. I always use two monitors for productivity but one for gaming. I want to get a third so i can play Star Citizen and a few other games on three screens. I'm wondering if a single GTX 980 can handle gaming across three screens with a reasonable frame rate? I plan to get a second 980 in the future but i wanted to wait till the prices drop on them. I'd love to go ahead and get my third monitor but i see no point if i can't game on all three without a second GPU. Anyone tried three screens on a single 980? Can some of you who are more knowledgeable about the hardware requirements pipe in and give me some advice?

If the 980 won't handle all three screens i'll just wait till the prices drop and buy the third monitor and the second GPU at the same time. If it will i'll get the third monitor now and the second GPU later.

Lowered settings for sure. Friend of mine has 3 of those same monitors and recently grabbed a 3rd 780ti just to stabilize his frame rates for higher refresh. If you do plan on grabbing another 980 then go ahead and get your other monitor. Star Citizen might give you issues even with 2 980s though.

Lowered settings for sure. Friend of mine has 3 of those same monitors and recently grabbed a 3rd 780ti just to stabilize his frame rates for higher refresh. If you do plan on grabbing another 980 then go ahead and get your other monitor. Star Citizen might give you issues even with 2 980s though.

You think that SC will need too much power? If that ends up being the case i don't know if its worth it. Were talking about a hefty price tag just to jump up to three screens in one game. I'm not 100% sold it will be worth it.

Back
Top Bottom