New pc build gone wrong?

Man i cringed hard when reading this... im so sorry for your luck man.

Magnets CAN be like a hammer to HDDs if the magnet got close to where the servo track is inside the drive.. it can also just erase the contents of the drive.

The flashlight on the MOBO might have hit a capacitor or something just make sure the area that it was dropped doesnt have any crooked capacitors if so make sure its still secure.

i havent tested it yet so dont be sad, no cracks and my dad (thankfully) didnt use the magnetic screwdriver on the HDD so there is still hope. i was asking if there was a way to test to find out of it worked without the ram that i forgot.

A magnetic screwdriver won't do anything to an HDD. The magnet isn't powerful enough. You'll need something like a rare earth magnet or a speaker/amplifier right next to the HDD servo/platters. I've used magnetic screwdrivers on PC's for years (yes including the HDD) and no damage has been done.

A magnetic screwdriver won't do anything to an HDD. The magnet isn't powerful enough. You'll need something like a rare earth magnet or a speaker/amplifier right next to the HDD servo/platters. I've used magnetic screwdrivers on PC's for years (yes including the HDD) and no damage has been done.

Plus it makes it 10x easier to get those tiny screws out of their holes!

Back
Top Bottom