GTX 970 Low fps on almost everything

Thank you everyone for the help, hopefully i can get this to work i have so for defaged both my big hard drive but have not tried to play a game and i have cleaned a little more with ccleaner and i will try some more, after i try a round of smite, Other wise if none of it works i will format as a last ditch effort.

Update: Sorry its been so long since my last post but i had a little luck i got about ten frames more when i freshly re installed everything even the os, i do not know the problem and i dont know what to do, i am really thinking about just building a new system even tho that might be a waste of money, i just want to have the system iv always dreamed for but this one is just not wanting to work with its self, its just fighting its self. Thank you Everyone for the great help but sadly i could not get any of it to work. :) :(

Your cpu,gpu, ram should be amazing.
I don't see why you would need another rig.
Try running a hdd test.
Your card should be under warranty so try getting that replaced.

Update: Sorry its been so long since my last post but i had a little luck i got about ten frames more when i freshly re installed everything even the os, i do not know the problem and i dont know what to do, i am really thinking about just building a new system even tho that might be a waste of money, i just want to have the system iv always dreamed for but this one is just not wanting to work with its self, its just fighting its self. Thank you Everyone for the great help but sadly i could not get any of it to work. :) :(

Your fired for using this:
ARK | Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-3820 Processor (10M Cache, up to 3.80 GHz)

The intel core i5 4670k would be your best bet if money isn't short.
Intel Core i7-4770 Haswell Quad-Core 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80646I74770 - Newegg.com
This will do also should be much more efficient than that second generation sandy chip.

This microatx mobo will do you also:
ASRock Z97M Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel Z97 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com

Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Gaming Memory Model BLT2KIT8G3D1869DT1TX0 - Newegg.com

Those 3 items combined would put you at atleast 560 bucks.
If you keep your card and rma it for a repair replacement...

That should do you much more better.
To be honest I think your ram speed maybe the issue if your that critical on gameplay speed.

To be honest I think your ram speed maybe the issue if your that critical on gameplay speed.

Memory speed does not have a significant impact on fps.

Check the refresh rate that your monitor is actually running at (i know it says 60) If its running at 30 for some reason and you have vsync on... Your FPS is going to roughly match the Refresh rate.

Another thing to look at. If you are running geforce experience optimizing games for you, it could be setting all games DSR to 4 k. Would explain lower then expected frames. Check the res in game to see what it is.

If thats not it, id prefer you run prime95 (for 15 mins, no need for an hour) and then screen shot all the fields in HWmonitor. Then run a game and do the same thing again, preferably a higher demanding game, such as farcry 4. (make sure you do the res check before this tho)

If after all that nothings found, id RMA the gpu

Last edited:
Your cpu,gpu, ram should be amazing.
I don't see why you would need another rig.
Try running a hdd test.
Your card should be under warranty so try getting that replaced.

i know they are amazing, im just mad and want this card to work maybe it needs a replace but i will try to run hdd test thank you for staying with me and helping. =)

Back
Top Bottom