GTX 970 Low fps on almost everything

You don't use the install version of Coretemp, you use the standalone. Been saying this for a long time now. Never had a single issue with it.

Same here although I use the installation version never gave me a problem at all since my athlon ii x3 regor uptil now.
I think coretemp made something else for gpus I'll have to dig around for it.
Showed you everything about graphics card upload and download fps and networking on a gadget.

JyxzWUZ.png
T4605fL.png

With a half load you're almost in the 70s. That's not really that bad. Run prime95 stress to see what happens and monitor Temps. After that run msi kombustor for the gpu and report back.

That seems to be pretty normal view this thtead here.
Core i7 3820 max temp

Last time I had my core i3 540 max tempature it could bare with was 85c.
Even in hot spring time weather in 2011 it chugged away without squeaking much.

Also this is the gpu monitor and gadget i had back in 2012 on windows 7 ultimate.
Download GPU Meter 2.4 (x64 & x32)
Here is the gadget sidebar for windows 8 if you use that.
Special edition sidebar for Windows 8 / 8.1 / 10 with gadgets from My Favorite Gadgets

Its your call if you want to use the gadget only to monitor while in game.
Make sure your in game client is set to window mode 16:9 mode.

you mentioned u were playing far cry 4. i also have it and a gtx 970 and i get over 60fps amd as hight as 100 on some spots everything on ultra. i removed motion blur and got dof reduced as well.

ok i let prime 95 run for about a hour and a half and temps were pretty good i would say, picture below and then ran msi kombustor and only noticed two test that dropped pretty badly [physX 3 Fluids (gpu): 19 fps ,gpu memory burner (3072mb): 35 fps] and i noticed when running the gpu stress tester that the monitor would say that the power limit has been reached but i have a 750w psu, so i assume that it meant that is all the gpu can take.

Update: was using the gpu monitor while playing smite and noticed the usage was 580mb out of the total 4096. could it not be using all the vram?

a9Y5bKy.png
cLAEBXD.png

Last edited:
Hahah damn dude, hour and a half? I think in the future I'm going to start specifying.

Your temps are dandy, and you're apparently completely stable. You got software issues bud.

Hahah damn dude, hour and a half? I think in the future I'm going to start specifying.

Your temps are dandy, and you're apparently completely stable. You got software issues bud.

sorry i thought that would be long enough time, any thoughts on how to fix this?
i guess i might just have to format

Last edited:
The basics for cleanup before you think about reimage:
CCleaner
Disable unnecessary startup items
Malwarebytes scan, anti virus scan
Defrag
Reinstall drivers.

Anyone can add to this or have different suggestions

The basics for cleanup before you think about reimage:
CCleaner
Disable unnecessary startup items