Is this good ram!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thats shit ram m8

try and get a bit of corsair or samsung

the best make is samsung

Stuarty

Each manufacturer builds it differently so different make of RAM can offer you better quality.

Corsair and OCZ are the top RAM manufacturers. OCZ's newest RAM the Platinum Series Rev2, have outperformed Corsairs XMS memory in damn near every benchmark and also has way better overclockability.

Samsung does make good RAM sticks, if you look at your stick whether it be corsair, kingston, or whatever you want, generally if you look at one of the RAM chips close up you'll see it says its made by Samsung most of the time ;) So they not only make their own RAM sticks but they also make quality RAM CHIPS that other manufacturers put into their RAM sticks.

Corsair is better quality though. Just because it got outperformed dosent mean the quality is better. Just remember now that corsair got beat they will make better ram that will pwn. they always do. Also i was wondering would geil ram be anygood for just plain using ur computer? you know now not to game but to just use it and not oc? j/w.

nubius is right, the OCZ Platinum Series Rev2 is better than the XMS series. But if you look at some XMS 3200XLPRO, they overclock like beasts. All the XMS PRO series are beasts. Very good quality. I use 2x512 3200XLPRO. Very nice ram. 2-2-2-5 latencies.

U-Toast said:
nubius is right, the OCZ Platinum Series Rev2 is better than the XMS series. But if you look at some XMS 3200XLPRO, they overclock like beasts. All the XMS PRO series are beasts. Very good quality. I use 2x512 3200XLPRO. Very nice ram. 2-2-2-5 latencies.

please list a "beastly overclock"

Rev.2 sticks can go 280+MHz, and there PCB design is better quality than Corsairs. It's made by brainpower...right now the BEST PCB makers for overclocking RAM.

Also lets not forget Corsair has to run on higher voltages than OCZ to hit the same MHz. A sign of lower grade PCB design. Patriot/OCZ right now are one of the highest overclockers on the least Voltage i believe.

P.P. Mguire said:
maybe some ppl dont care about oc'ing;)

then any brand will do...

even if i didn't overclock i still wouldn't go with cheap RAM. i'd get mid-range RAM and run it as tight a timing as it would go on stock MHz and see if i could lower voltage any. I did that on my GF's rig when i wasn't ready to overclock it. gave it a small boost without heating it up or anything...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom