New CPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Themis

Solid State Member
ok, so i put my new 2800+ Barton, 33fsb Athlonxp in today..after its Predecessor Amd athlonxp 2600, didnt seem to be up to scratch, i had always thought my 2600 was a 1100 or sth..because its speed showed up as 1150 mhz.now i put the new 2800+ in of mine and its current clock speed is 1250 mhz..can someone plz tell me how i can fix this or what is wrong?

i actually had that problem with a athlon 2000+ processor.When i started my comp it would say 1250 processor. what i did was went into the bios and i cant remember the exact thing i changed because that was on my old computer. pop settings i think maybe, but it was set to 100mhz/100mhz. i changed it too 133mhz/133mhz. then when i started my computer it had the correct processor 2000+

no but its actually AS IF it is performing at that speed..which is bad, i notice it in gaming..there is no real change..because the processor is so weak.

What kind of motherboard do you have. You may have a 100mhz/166mhz switch on your board. If you do make sure it's set to 166mhz. Try updating your bios as well. Also in the bios check to see if there's a bus setting and make sure it's set at 166mhz.

My 1700XP was reading at 1100Mhz instead of the rated 1400mhz and the problem was the switch on my board was set to 100mhz instead of 133mhz on my GA-7DXE board.

M848A V2.1 is the most advance and unique module from PCCHIPS production.It supports Socket A for the latest AMD Athlon XP CPU, up to 400MHz FSB, DDR400 and AGP8X for features. It is surely the best choice for you now.

my mobo is PCChips: M848A

When a CPU is read incorrectly it also performs at that speed so your 2600 was performing at 1150 Mhz when it should have been much higher. I think your 2800 XP CPU should be at least 2GHz instead of 1250mhz. Like I said check your bios.

yeah thats wher ei quoted it from ;), is there anything wrong with my mobo that u can see may be disrupting my cpu's performance?, a few people have said i need to configure sth in bios..u got any ideas what i need to configure?

Enter your bios. Then look through the menus for anything such as front bus speed or FSB. What's it set to? If it's set to 100 Mhz then change it to 166mhz. Save settings and restart your computer.

That should fix it. If you're also not sure on this procedure you can check your motherboard's manual for "FSB setting" or "Configuring Bios" and read what it says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom