Help! Fast!

Also. the link you sent appears to be JUST the AMD Driver Display download, what about all the other things that were uninstalled in the process?

You can get the full Catalyst suite on AMD's site if you go to the Drivers+Support menu item on their site and pick the correct one for your GPU.

The display driver software featured in this pack is 14.5. Should I download the pack and then download you link? I cannot find a way just to uninstall the 14.5 Driver software w/o uninstalling everything :/

Also. the link you sent appears to be JUST the AMD Driver Display download, what about all the other things that were uninstalled in the process?

I have good news and bad news I found some info relating your issue.
Acer Aspire V3-551G Fan and Overheating Problems - Acer Community

The bad news you might have a fan issue with laptop, only way to rule that out.
Use it as normal and follow the advice at the bottom of the page.
I need you to use the laptop for this week, if nothing changes and shows the same signs.
We're gonna rma back to acer so they can take a closer look.
Thats the good news, if it does come down to rma the laptop.
Show this thread to the acer technician via through email support.
Atleast that way they can see whats going on and what you've tried already.

Ill try to do what he said, but as I said, im not that experienced in changing stuff like that, IF anyone can put what he said in a Dumbed down version that would be amazing!

The display driver software featured in this pack is 14.5. Should I download the pack and then download you link? I cannot find a way just to uninstall the 14.5 Driver software w/o uninstalling everything :/
Just get the entire CCC package + driver (it should be a single install). Don't need to necessarily worry about uninstalling the old stuff first - the installer "should" upgrade your driver(s) and CCC suite.

Ill try to do what he said, but as I said, im not that experienced in changing stuff like that, IF anyone can put what he said in a Dumbed down version that would be amazing!

If you're still under warranty, then send it in for overheating issues. Otherwise, you'll have to repaste and if the fan is indeed the issue, replace that as well. Again, that's if the fan is the problem.

Can you hear the fan spinning at all while playing the game or even idle? Is it blowing any air out of the vent(s)?

This segment is what you wanted me to try right?

"So I decided to create a power plan with the same specifications as the moderate one on battery mode and use it with my laptop plugged in. I've been using it ever since, and so far it seems like the problem is solved. I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for 3 hours non-stop, and I've already ran several scans with Malware Bytes and Avast, and everything has run smoothly. Besides, my laptop feels way cooler than before."

While playing games, the fan is definetly spinning because hot air is comming from the outtake vent. And i can feel air being pulled in by the intake vents. There is the one BIG intake vent by were the outake vent is and that seems to be fine and thats where most of the air is being intaked.

While playing games, the fan is definetly spinning because hot air is comming from the outtake vent. And i can feel air being pulled in by the intake vents. There is the one BIG intake vent by were the outake vent is and that seems to be fine and thats where most of the air is being intaked.

Can you hear it spin to a higher RPM though?

When you turn your system on, the fan should kick up to a high RPM and be quite audible; when you are gaming, does the fan sound like it's spinning faster/higher RPM than when you're just sitting on the desktop doing nothing?

May be a good idea to update your BIOS as well, since it looked like you were several revisions behind according to Acer's website's listing for your laptop model.

When Im just sitting at my desktop with nothing open, maybe just soundcloud, it doesnt make that much of a noise, maybe a very very soft sound. When I get on WoW and start doing stuff, it definetly starts spinning faster and louder,

This segment is what you wanted me to try right?

"So I decided to create a power plan with the same specifications as the moderate one on battery mode and use it with my laptop plugged in. I've been using it ever since, and so far it seems like the problem is solved. I've been playing Mass Effect 2 for 3 hours non-stop, and I've already ran several scans with Malware Bytes and Avast, and everything has run smoothly. Besides, my laptop feels way cooler than before."

Well thats exactly what I wanted you to try but still do what I recommended and test the laptop all week,
Working well today ****ed up tomorrow, in otherwords make sure the issue is under control.
I suggest while gaming have avast temporarily disabled or silent mode.
Having less programs running while you game nigates anything crashing.
Avast will pickup any issues and show a pop up box if you want to pause and take care of it or deal with it later.

Read what carnage says if the fan is broke or whatever call rma support after xmas and get it fixed.

Back
Top Bottom