Please Help with AMD Kaveri Driver Issue (A8-7600)

Did you mount a custom PSU? The antec 110 is delivered with a 90 Watt PSU with +-90% effiecency. So it will deliver around 80 Watts.

According to a dutch site with about same setup as yours (
AMD Kaveri Review - Cpu en gpu op gelijke voet - Energieverbruik - Review - Reviews - Tweakers) the system uses 80 watt in idle and 90 watt in load when using 45 Watt mode.

This should deliver enough power
picoPSU-160-XT with 192W Adapter Power Kit

Also read natedawg72's Completed Build - AMD A10-5800K, Antec ISK 110 VESA - PCPartPicker

Ok, so I finally got around to ordering that ram and did confirm that my whole problem was with the single channel ram. Both graphics and gaming graphics rate a 6.9 now. Also Muro17 you were spot on recommending the power supply. While pushing my system it had shut off on me a couple times. I am not sure what the wattage it was using when it did this, but I have seen this build go up to 101w. It uses around 70w-90w on average when I'm using it (which involves around 30 internet tabs open while watching bluray movies and other miscellaneous programs I may be running at the time). I went with the 150w picopsu on ebay for $65 and it works great now. I will be building in a usb tv tuner/dvr here in about a week, and I'll be accomplishing that with the usb 3.0 header my case doesn't take advantage. I would also like to work in a xbox 360 controller receiver, but haven't really decided where it would go yet. I also added a 2tb hard drive in there for storage that came from my external Seagate backup plus slim 2tb. I had to do a ton of modifications all around to make everything fit including dremeling 40% of the heatsink's backplate and backplate screws to make it fit this motherboard perfectly and support the 9.5mm hard drive. Overall its been interesting and in my opinion its an amazing computer. Its also really all you need for a power user unless your hardcore gaming. Still plays Skyrim on ultra though, lol. Here are some of my finished pics before I put in the new psu.
20150115_1142481.jpg

20150115_114210.jpg

20150115_114218.jpg

20150115_114302.jpg

20150115_1143091.jpg

I also would like to go ahead and thank everyone for trying to help, and for all the useful information I learned along the way.

Sorry I am late to the party, but I think I know what is troubling your GPU scores. You mentioned "The RAM I chose was a single 1600mhz 8gb stick". These APUs access system ram as graphics ram, and need to run in dual channel. It's not a 1600 vs 2133 MHz issue, its a 1 stick vs. 2. Two sticks will double your graphics memory bandwidth from 15 to 30 GB/s, and boost your 2D/3D WEI scores to about 7.0

Sorry to burst a bubble, but the APU is still designed with 2133 in mind for optimum performance. DDR3-1600 in dual channel would be about 25.6GB/s, where as DDR3-2133 would be about 34.13GB/s, quiet a bit of difference in overall bandwidth. Even though it's a small difference in demanding games FPS wise, it's still a drastic increase when we are talking lower frame-rate differences.

Check out all the reviews, almost every review site says these APU's NEED faster memory to be capable in anything. Most actual reviews I find won't even recommend DDR3-1600 for these fellows, at a minimum they state 1866, and recommend 2133 or higher.

As for dual channel vs single channel, I obviously never thought of that being an issue, mostly because I always build with dual channel or better in mind, so yes, you are right that was his biggest issue, but the fact remains that these APU's aren't meant for slow RAM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom