Bad motherboard?

BadFlash is a popular site for replacement chips. I wouldn't have a concern as long as you provide the correct info to get the correct chip.

Sent from my HTC One

I've used badflash before, they are very specific about using oem bios files
but if you checked out their web site....you'd already know that

but if you checked out their web site....you'd already know that

Whatever helps you sleep at night joe, bottom line I suggest he goes by asrock first to be on the safe side.
Also you do understand that if a custom third party bios chip damages his board in any way.
His new or current warrenty service will be terminated and he will have to buy a new board.

Whatever helps you sleep at night joe, bottom line I suggest he goes by asrock first to be on the safe side.
Also you do understand that if a custom third party bios chip damages his board in any way.
His new or current warrenty service will be terminated and he will have to buy a new board.

If the board was under warranty...wouldn't you just send the whole board in under warranty rather than purchasing a new BIOS chip?

It should still be under warranty. I'd send the board back and be done with it rather than wasting money in a dead platform.

It should be....? abstract did say it was given to him as gift.
Yeah new or used long as you register the board most manufacturers honor the warrenty.
Why don't you ask him personally if the board came like new or used.
That should tell you right away if asrock will offer new warrenty or temporary depending on ownership and date.
Long story short he has a 8 core I like for him to use it for awhile.
Not to have to sell it and the board in the middle of the month and readjust his budget to buy a higher price core i5 build.
Let him go intel towards july if the system isn't to his liking.

Back
Top Bottom