software that wii back up my cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could look inti deep freeze. Most schools and public labs run it, It makes an image if your machine then no mater what itll be back to normal when you reboot. it probibly cost a hell of alot tho ;)

Or get one of those PCI cards "Juzt Reboot" or "Reborn XP" it think they are $50 or something, they restore a partition on each reboot.

i use ghost every day at work. it is a wonderful solution for both local and network
this works best with more than one computer, typically a server running the heart of ghost... this is where you will "ghost cast" or create an image or apply it over a network. i can apply a 2GB immage in about 7 min over the network, very fast considering our network.
i have also used Ghost to recover data on a dead hard drive... by using ghost's local utilities all it requires is a floppy disk created by the ghost program.. this is bootable and a failing hard drive can be immaged to a new one at the last min. before it dies. once a drive is gone, it's gone unless you send it off typically.
i don't know about the other programs, but i would look into possibly a tape drive and backup solution rather than trying to backup via drive immage. these files are large and like it was said above typically takes another hard drive to work.
Tape drive hold large ammounts of Data and are better for Backup solutions.

And Ghost TRASHED my husband's computer the time we tried using it...I wouldn't touch Ghost with a ten foot pole. Liz

I use to use Ghost. then I got drive image. it is way faster, you have more options. it is way better software

I also like Ghost.But at the cost of getting in trouble on this site and im not sure if this is a legeal CD or not there is a Cd called SuperwinPE that will help you to save any files or other repair options even if your computer is dead.The only thing it wont do is fix a dead hard drive.Now that would be nice.

To be honest, we don't remember (I just asked him) but I do remember that we had to completely reformat his computer and he lost everything on his, he couldn't save anything he had.

Thankfully, we are networked and we had saved all critical files on the backup hard drive on one of the computers (I don't remember who had it at the time, I have it now).

We tend to be a bit *anal* when it comes to irreplacable files. We back them up in several places. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom