Upgrading both my systems

I personally LOVE Asus BUT there RMA dept. is pretty bad and difficult to deal with. Most things if faulty will go in the first month of use so stores like newegg.com give you 30 days for a RMA and after that you deal with the company. I'll go with ASUS on anything but the video card because that is the one item that get the most abuse with heat and functioning fans. EVGA has the best service with RMA and I'm now trying out MSI for video cards, My second one and have not had to RMA yet LOL. I only had to RMA ASUS to thecompany once and holy crap did I spend a LONG time on the phone with multiple phone calls and finally got a RMA number and they sent the same board back repaired. Not a new board.

Dauntae
Drogos kept getting repaired 780ti. I think 4? I've had to deal with them on several occasions and it wasn't any better as a reviewer. Actually worse, because they thought they were doing YOU a favor by sending a board to the site. MSI actually treated me the same way. I've owned hardware from almost all the companies out there and I have my few I pick because of the experience with each company.

eVGA and Corsair pretty much are the best companies to deal with in the PC world.

eVGA and Corsair pretty much are the best companies to deal with in the PC world.

How is eVGA's quality compared to ASUS? Do they see more failures? Its nice to have good CS when a failure occurs. But I would rather not have the failure. I won't put anything but a Corsair PSU in my builds. After failures with a couple other brands, all my Corsairs are still running. A couple of them are over 4 years old.

How is eVGA's quality compared to ASUS? Do they see more failures? Its nice to have good CS when a failure occurs. But I would rather not have the failure. I won't put anything but a Corsair PSU in my builds. After failures with a couple other brands, all my Corsairs are still running. A couple of them are over 4 years old.
I put eVGA in quality over Asus and keep their cards in ALL of my builds. If something I want is out of stock, I wait for eVGA to replenish stock. However, I do not say the same for their boards.

Corsair doesn't make PSUs, in case you didn't know, but their OEMs are damn good. My Thermaltake has been running strong since 2008 but my next PSU (if I ever need one) is going to be Seasonic. In the PSU world a good quality unit will last you the better part of a decade if not more if it gets clean power. However, any GPU can die at any given time for whatever reason sadly. You could have a Zotac or ECS card last for decades but an eVGA or other name brand could fail on you. My experience has taught me GPUs are luck of the draw. Grab a card from a company with great CS that won't just keep sending you the same card back and you're good. You may or may not have downtime but at least you know you're getting a new card on RMA. Asus like to keep giving people the runaround, MSI is hit or miss when you deal with them, eVGA you can sometimes get that frustrated person on the phone but usually you don't ever have to deal with anything other than their RMA section on their site.

I didn't realize this. Do you know who is manufacturing the PSU for them?

I believe SeaSonic is their primary OEM.
Actually, not anymore. It's CWT and Flextronics. Seasonic made their TX line and I believe the original AX line. They went Flextronics for the AXi (high quality server PSU OEM peeps) and CWT does the HX line and I think the HXi line. CWT also produces their CX line. I haven't looked at any reviews yet for the HXi line so not too sure, only an assumption that should make some sense.

Edit: Yes, CWT makes the HXi line as well, and apparently does it in normal quality Corsair fashion.
CX: CWT
TX: Seasonic
TXm: CWT
HX: CWT
RM: CWT
HXi: CWT
AX: Seasonic
AXi: Flextronics (Usually straight 10s at Guru)

Last edited:
I have been very happy with both my TX's and the CX I have has been trouble free so far. It replaced a Thermaltake in my really old build that is on its 4th PSU. I may just have to go with seasonic the next time I need another PSU. Thanks for sharing.

There's no problem going with Seasonic or Corsair. I just don't want to go Corsair because everybody and their brother has a damn Corsair PSU. For good reason, but I'm going with a Seasonic 1200 probably. Next build will require some serious juice.

Back
Top Bottom