installing Win2k Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

wood1e

Solid State Member
Hi, I have just installed a new hard drive in my PC, and I want to install Win2k Pro.

Now I have booted the PC with 4 boot floopys. And then pressed enter to install Win2k Pro.

But my PC keeps coming up with unable to read/find CD...Can anyone explain why this is?

any help would be greatly appriciated.

Wood1e

Hi, I have checked all cables, and they are fitted, and I tried both CD drives.

I have kept the hard drive settings to the factory settings. therefore the CS pins arre covered.

wood1e

Is your CD-ROM getting detected after booting with the floppy's? Can you get into the cd rom drive?

I don;t know...when I have booted from the disks, the OS disc is already in the CD drive.

How would I see if the PC can see the disc?

"Windows 2.000..."

... Hmm... Try going in your BIOS settings, and selecting to boot from the CDROM first. That's the only thing i can think of. :cool:

wood1e,

Yah, why do you need the boot floppy's anyz? you have the CD rite..just boot with it and install. . .. or am is missing something here?:rolleyes:

"Base Bawls..."

OK, this is called a "Boot Senquance Error." I was suggesting things that would help fix it. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :cool:

wood1e, What HDD have you installed? I think the problem is your new HDD. And how many disks do you have now?

Hi all,

I have installed a brand new, Samsung 40 gb 7200 ultra ATA drive.

I am using floppies, as the PC didn;t boot from the OS disc.

So I took the boot files from the CD and copied them to four floppies, and then inserted them each time the pc told me to. Obviously I used a different PC to do this!!

It then asked do you wish to repair, install and one other option, an operating system...

So with the OS disc already in one of my CD drives I selected install, as it is a new HDD.

thats when I get the unable to find disc, will reboot in x seconds...

As ATIRAGEPRO and intercodes has suggested I shall check the BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom