My build

The fury SSD has Trimm, the nand tecnology for otherwise is more old and cheap...
Yeah it could have a lower lifetime, but how much a SSD endure those days? 100 years? The worse ones? I'm fine with that amount of time.
The 840 is still 20% expensive for each card... Dude I'm already paying 11 - 12k, can you imagine how it's pay 1.4k for a ssd? put yourself in my situation.
And yeah I want speed, otherwise I shouldn't even bother with SSD at first place.
About SSD losing speed, there's some types, such store virtual memory on HDD, downloads on HDD, never ever use disfragmentation, and other cool stuff, trimm is one of them, absolutely but it's not all, and again, fury has it.

Like I said before, sound card is on bottom of my list, though I'll search more...
I really don't know... Some people like you says it doesn't worth, other that bought a good gear said there's a night to day difference, and theoretically the optical signal has some limitations, the quality will be good, no doubt, but the lossless signals and location it's supposed to be a very different story.
Anyways, I'll search more.

Corsair water cooler? Never ever ever in my entire life. Funny, you say I should look for quality then you offer me this... Now this is a piece of garbage.
We really have a different point of view about overall quality... And that's it.

You only look for numbers, I look for material, esthetical composition which involves art work, durability, and performance. All must be good for me.
Cooling system are just too ugly, or too bad, I can't find anything that I'll desire to have.

You didn't read what I said. The SSD's have TRIM, but they lose TRIM support when you put them in RAID 0. It's a RAID controller issue, not the SSD. Like I said, you don't need raw throughput. Are you going to be copying large files back and forth between your RAID 0 SSD setup and another RAID 0 setup? No? Then you don't need 2 SSDs in RAID 0. Google what TRIM is and why not having it is particularly a bad idea. Yes, I'm on the front of the preach force about how durable SSDs are, but that is because of their garbage collection policies (TRIM) and intelligent controllers. Unless you're running a hardware RAID controller ($$$) then you won't have TRIM support.

I'm using 400 dollar Sony cans on a sound card I paid 300 bucks for 10 years ago. Besides having ASIO support for my audio production software there isn't much of a difference between that and my onboard audio because I don't have a high end headphone amp. The big thing you're missing here though, is you guaranteed won't notice a difference if all you're doing is plugging a cheap headset into a sound card. If you were going out and buying a 600 dollar Sennheiser set of cans and then 300 in a nice warm tube headphone amp you bet your ass you better be getting a USB DAC to get the best quality. But you're looking at a cheap headset.
Optical is straight digital. Do you understand what that means? It bypasses your audio card and sends a straight digital PCM signal from the software codec playing back the audio to your digital audio interface (in this case talking about a home theater receiver). That is 100% lossless. There is 0 difference between using Optical on your onboard and on a sound card. It's the same thing. The limitations will only be in the codec output and the internal DAC quality inside your receiver.

Oh really? I have a first gen H50 from 2009 that is still working in my server as we speak. Guess what, they get their OEM product from Asetek and CoolIT who provide these solutions for Enterprise SERVERS. If that isn't quality then we are done here.

Go buy a ****ing Mac kid.

Easy to answer, faster loading.
There's some fixes for this.
1 - Don't install uncessary things, use your HD for this. (minimal instalation, self control and good sense.)
2 - eraser program or something.
3 - store virtual memory, downloads and stuff on HD instead.

See? Trimms isn't that important, though we're talking about something TWICE faster as normal... The replacement of used space, would be twice faster, and the lost speed will be less noticeable, cause it's better. Anyways... Why I'm explaining my self? No idea.
But whatever money is mine, my problem and i do whatever I want.
By the way, have you read your own comment? You suggest me to pay more to not lose as much speed as I could, when your suggestion is already HALF of speed? That's a very extensive logic for me to comprehend.

It's like hey, you could pay 3 bucks and get 6 apples, but don't do this, cause you would lose 1 apple on middle of street, instead pay 5 bucks to get 3 apples, cause you'll lose only half apple on middle of way...
What a amazing logic...

I found OCZ vertex 460 for the exactly same price tag, I'll go for this one instead, good and cheap. Not any over priced EVO 850 nor 840. I know it's pretty cheap in US, but guess what? I don't live there.

Yes, I do not want to spend a lot money on a headphone, because I'll not use it 99,9% in of my time, as I've explained before, I do not play games that use this product often.
So for me, it will be something to have a extra option, or to allow me to do something when I want to.
Now, you suggest me to spend 1.2k on this? WTF?
Thanks, but I'll pass.
And yeah, that's pretty obvious that a budget product with low tecnology will not exactly the potential of a good sound card, everyone knows that... That's not the point, the point is pay a lot for something that I'll not use. Do it with your money.

Good for you. I'll get a kraken x61 instead.
Yeah, 90% of your posts you answer with aggressiveness behavior... You really show how mature you're. What a lesson for me.

Last edited:
WOW won't waste money on good cans BUT will buy 2 SSD's for raid zoro???? No benifits with reasons posted but hey, your money so waste away. Personally I would buy one GOOD SSD instead of 2 cheap ones.

The guy obviously doesn't Google the info I'm telling him, or simply isn't reading a damn thing.

Agressive? You could say that, but only to an extent. Take a look at what I'm replying to then put two and two together. You want to make rebuttals to things you obviously don't understand and want to argue now that it's your money. Sure kid, it's your money. So go buy the stuff and quit wasting our time on arguing over things when you had your mind set anyways.

Btw, the X61 uses the same OEM as Corsair. It's an Asetek unit just like the H110. :rolleyes:

16gb of ram? really? way too much ram. Also, if you wanna save your money knock off the sound card and SSD's for a normal Hard drive.

The guy obviously doesn't Google the info I'm telling him, or simply isn't reading a damn thing.

Agressive? You could say that, but only to an extent. Take a look at what I'm replying to then put two and two together.

You know what, I don't know who is more stupid here you or him ?
Leave the guy alone and let him by what he wants if the money is in the bank and he can afford it.
If he doesn't and overdrafts his account on the system thats his problem.
You tried to help and he did acknowledge that earlier.
Leave it at that and be glad your not the one buying the parts. :/

No wonder I don't want to hear you sometimes, you refuse to shut up and leave well enough alone.

@mehguy let him get the 16gb of ram it'll come in handy down the road especially if he puts that cpu to good use.
Yeah I agree also he could chuck one ssd back and keep and use a normal hdd for windows only.

You know what, I don't know who is more stupid here you or him ?
Leave the guy alone and let him buy what he wants if the money is in the bank and he can afford it.
If he doesn't and overdrafts his account on the system thats his problem.
You tried to help and he did acknowledge that earlier.
Leave it at that and be glad your not the one buying the parts. :/

No wonder I don't want to hear you sometimes, you refuse to shut up and leave well enough alone.

@mehguy let him get the 16gb of ram it'll come in handy down the road especially if he puts that cpu to good use.
Yeah I agree also he could chuck one ssd back and keep and use a normal hdd for windows only.
I already said that, twice.

Alright well I'll jump into the fray and simply say, everyone has given their opinions, and in the end it is up to the buyer whether they take it or reject it. Simple as that :)

Back
Top Bottom