Hi All!

HDWhirlwind

Beta member
Hello everyone!

I hopefully want to grow big on tech forums with the community and helping others! Why im here> Im a 14 year old boy trying to start a tech company in hosting with cloud and hosting game servers and more for people to buy! My goal and what i need help is learning how servers work and how i can set up my own build and convert these into running different operating systems e.g. multicraft for mine craft hosting as this is growing popular, cloud hosting and anything else. If you know anything in this field ill be willing to learn and listen hard please help me achieve my goal!

~HDWhirlwind

Welcome to the community!

Yo dude ive seen your halo website and its a bit clunky im new to this but i really recommend using this amazing system! Its called enjin i use them for my minecraft server community and its amazing! Very cheap supports in game donations for items and ranks, brilliant forum systems notifications and more heres my website www.epvpnetwork.com! Check it out

I noticed on your website you could be in violation the Minecraft license agreement!

Here is a breakdown of what the licence agreement allows server owners to do:
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/
You are allowed to accept donations
You are allowed to accept donations from players. You can thank them publicly or in-game, but can't give preferential treatment for donating. You are not allowed to restrict gameplay features in an attempt to make money.

You are allowed to provide in-game advertising or sponsorship opportunities
You are allowed to put adverts in your Minecraft worlds to help with costs. Used within reason, adverts and sponsorship can be appropriate ways to fund a server.

You are allowed to sell in-game items so long as they don't affect gameplay
We don't mind you selling items in game, but they must be purely cosmetic. Pets, hats, and particle effects are OK, but swords, invincibility potions, and man-eating pigs are not. We want all players to be presented with the same gameplay features, whether they decide to pay or not.

There is one exception to this rule – capes! We have a lot of fun making cool capes for extra-special members of our community and Minecon attendees. We'd like to keep them as exclusive as possible. So, yeah, no capes please, even if you're giving them away for free.

This was fact prior to Microsoft buying rights to Minecraft from Mojang.. and Microsoft are the greedy ones they are more likely to hold server owners accountable! Here is a link to the full legal copy of the Minecraft EULA:
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

As a server owner and an entrepreneurial i would highly advise you be comfortable with this serious topic.

I used to run 3 minecraft servers with over 4000 users across 9 different worlds. This uproar in awareness of the demonetization of Minecraft servers crippled our income. Espically because if we didn't follow the rules legal action could be taken.. So we were forced to comply.

Last edited:
I noticed on your website you could be in violation the Minecraft license agreement!

Here is a breakdown of what the licence agreement allows server owners to do:
https://mojang.com/2014/06/lets-talk-server-monetisation/

This was fact prior to Microsoft buying rights to Minecraft from Mojang.. and Microsoft are the greedy ones they are more likely to hold server owners accountable! Here is a link to the full legal copy of the Minecraft EULA:
https://account.mojang.com/documents/minecraft_eula

As a server owner and an entrepreneurial i would highly advise you be comfortable with this serious topic.

I used to run 3 minecraft servers with over 4000 users across 9 different worlds. This uproar in awareness of the demonetization of Minecraft servers crippled our income. Espically because if we didn't follow the rules legal action could be taken.. So we were forced to comply.

yes i heard about this and its outrageous this eula minecraft the game is utterly stupid without amazing coders and servers so stupid!

yes i heard about this and its outrageous this eula minecraft the game is utterly stupid without amazing coders and servers so stupid!

I competely agree... We took the brunt of the force too so our community fell apart. It was all in good experience though. It was my first major undertaking that started as a simple love for the game and an admiration as to what was possible in such a simple sandbox engine.

I bet microsoft will re-release the game with major additions for the xbox platform in the next few years with a lot of the features the community developed integrated directly into the game. Their greed is boundless.

I bet microsoft will re-release the game with major additions for the xbox platform in the next few years with a lot of the features the community developed integrated directly into the game. Their greed is boundless.

Why would this be a bad thing? Why not have features that used to be mods-only integrated directly into the game? As long as they credit the original dev if they use their code, or re-write it from scratch and only use it as inspiration...should be fine.

if anything, IMO, the M$ buy-out could be a good thing.

Why would this be a bad thing? Why not have features that used to be mods-only integrated directly into the game? As long as they credit the original dev if they use their code, or re-write it from scratch and only use it as inspiration...should be fine.

if anything, IMO, the M$ buy-out could be a good thing.

Oh no dont get me wrong.. My animosity towards microsoft is only on the foundation of greed. The game they create with having purchased the Minecraft rights will, I'm sure, be amazing.

MS is a corporation, of course they're after profits. However, they're not the "Corporate Monster" that they were back in the 90's IMO. Apple has taken that crown :p.

Back
Top Bottom