Need to Upgrade - Mobo, Ram, Processor, etc???

The 4690k is a newer CPU and odds have it in store the stock has been there since before those were released meaning they will need a bios update. The Z97 will not.

Thought I posted a 280 for less than 200 bucks. That's a good price. Guy selling a 7970 here for 150 or something like that. Another good price.

Just peeped at that Thread but unfortunately i do not trust XFX. I bought one a while ago and it crashed on me after like 4-5 years.

are you telling me that all GFX cards have that same life span?!? If I bought the 970 even tht will die after 5 years?!?! I assumed the more money i invested the longer the lifespan!:omg:

No that's not what I'm saying. A graphics card can last from 6 months to 10 years. Just luck of the draw really and how well you take care of it, no OCing, blah blah. I have a Trident VGA ISA card that's working and as old as I am, but in 2010 I went through 4 5770s that died within a few days. What I'm saying though, is if you get 5 years out of a card that's good still. Most people upgrade every 2-3 years anyways if they're buying midrange cards.

Yes some last longer than others, A GTX9800+ (I think that's what it is) made when XFX had Nvidia cards was sold to a friend back when I got a GTX285 and wouldn't you know it Hes still using it lol I don't even know how old but thinking I sold it back in 09

Yes some last longer than others, A GTX9800+ (I think that's what it is) made when XFX had Nvidia cards was sold to a friend back when I got a GTX285 and wouldn't you know it Hes still using it lol I don't even know how old but thinking I sold it back in 09
2008. I bought one in September of that year and it's still working.

The one I posted comes out to be 170 with online coupon I got. But I am also debating if i should get the 7970 from the guy selling it on the forums. the things i am not sure with the forums guy is that 1) dont know how old the video card is....can die any day..... 2) will it fit in my tower RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Back
Top Bottom