My build

DecayWolf

Solid State Member
So I'm planning to get a new build, I already purchased some items, some left, but I just can't figure out which I'll get to finish up.

* Asus VG248QE
* I5 4690k
* Msi Gaming 7
* Msi gtx 970 SLI
* 4x DDR3 4GB 1600 Mhz HyperX Fury (I know, I don't need that much, I kind exagerated, issue me.)
* 2x SSD 240GB Fury, (they're low end, but they're good on raid 0, besides things were pretty expensive in my country.)
* Phantom 630
* Arctic Silver 5 + Arcticlean (I really prefer the gelid extreme, but it cost twice as much in my country, so...)
* Win 8.1

Now it's here when things gets complicated to me.
Things that I don't know:

- Which sound card I'll get, I'm thinking about Sound Blaster ZXR, but...
- Which home theater I'll get, I really don't have any idea.
- Which headset I'll get, that will depend on sound card.
- Which cooling system I'll get, I want something good, made with a good material, without need to worry about it's life time nor send to RMA, sexy, and also must be silent... I didn't found anything close to that...

Not too much time to go over the whole build but is your going to get 16 gigs of ram I would go for 2x8gb and have the open slots if for any reason down the road you want more, it's unlikely but you never know.

Dauntae

I already bought.

I was going to get only 2x 4GB, but I kind was possess by gredness and... Well...
That what happen, I know... That wasn't a smart decision... But, it looks cool to fit all mobo slots... :p

For example, this sound card here cost 1k, gtx 970 1.4 - 1.6k, this mobo 870, etc.
About your question a CX 750W plus bronze, 80% efficiency.

I'm using a provisory computer with DDR2, with only 2 GB ram 800 mhz, on XP...
I can't play any strategy game, and some games doesn't even run and other crash for lack of virtual memory...

So yeah, I wasn't wanting to had same terrible experience again, so I bought much more than I'll need, anyways... I know, I did a mistake, but I can't back on the time, so...

That CX 750 should be o.k. for your system, could've done better but you could've done worse too.
- Which sound card I'll get, I'm thinking about Sound Blaster ZXR, but...
- Which home theater I'll get, I really don't have any idea.
- Which headset I'll get, that will depend on sound card.
- Which cooling system
1. Your motherboard already has audio ports, is there any reason your need a sound card?
2. I can't recommend a home theater system, hopefully some one else can help you.
3. Same for headsets but stick with popular brand names
4. A hyper 212+ should be o.k. if your not into heavy over clocking, if your serious about over clocking then consider using water cooling. There are a couple good ones out there

That CX 750 should be o.k. for your system, could've done better but you could've done worse too.

1. Your motherboard already has audio ports, is there any reason your need a sound card?
2. I can't recommend a home theater system, hopefully some one else can help you.
4. A hyper 212+ should be o.k. if your not into heavy over clocking, if your serious about over clocking then consider using water cooling. There are a couple good ones out there
Your post brought something else up.

If you're buying a good receiver for home audio you don't need a sound card. Optical out provides clean digital output and makes needing the DACs or headphone amp on a soundcard moot.

Yea, you bought a cheap PSU for a lot of money worth of PC. Lucky for you it isn't that cheap, but you should have put more cash into the PSU.

I didn't bought a new PSU, I already had it. I'll just stick with it, cause it can handle.
Besides, this computer atm cost 11k without home theater and cooling system...

Sound quality. Improves the immersion, atmosphere, and overall audio , for a better gaming experience.

It's necessary have a car? No, you can walk, or take a bus, or taxi or whatever...
But you want one for convenience, because it's good and helpful.
That's the point with a sound card.

Thinking on the Hyper X Cloud, I like the design.

With this CPU and Mobo plus SLI, there will a real need of a good cooling system.

Your post brought something else up.

If you're buying a good receiver for home audio you don't need a sound card. Optical out provides clean digital output and makes needing the DACs or headphone amp on a soundcard moot.

Optical is a 2.0 signal...
You really can't compare this against a 5.1...
I'm not wanting a ok something, I'm wanting a good something.

Last edited:
Sound quality. Improves the immersion, atmosphere, and overall audio , for a better gaming experience.

It's necessary have a car? No, you can walk, or take a bus, or taxi or whatever...
But you want one for convenience, because it's good and helpful.
That's the point with a sound card.
Sound cards are more of a moot point nowadays - the sound chips built into boards are quite good nowadays for normal audio.

Optical is a 2.0 signal...
You really can't compare this against a 5.1...
I'm not wanting a ok something, I'm wanting a good something.

No, optical is a digital signal which can carry 5.1 / 7.1.
S/PDIF - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

S/PDIF can carry two channels of uncompressed PCM audio or compressed 5.1/7.1 surround sound (such as DTS audio codec); it cannot support lossless formats (such as Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio) which require greater bandwidth like that available with HDMI or DisplayPort.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2095538/spdif-optical-support.html#13072318

It depends on what your sound card supports, and what your receiver supports. And according to your Mobo's specs:
Realtek® ALC1150 Codec
- 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio
- Supports S/PDIF output

Back
Top Bottom