Looking to upgrade

Just try to activate online and it will probably fail and tell you to activate over the phone. It's am automated system. If it detects it's been activated more than once the system will ask how many systems it's been Used on. Just say 1. It will continue on and just follow the prompts. I've only once ever had to talk to a live person, and that was while I was working at a shop and reformatted a system and they were using a pirated key of XP.

Sent from my HTC One

I wouldn't really say anything about the machine just being a pre-built. I'd start the conversation off with something like "Yea I did an upgrade to my PC, and was just wondering if I could get my key activated" ect. I wouldn't tell them it's a pre-built unless they ask (which they probably will).

I wasn't going to say this but i guess it's MS fault not mine. When i called, the person who resolved my issue spoke so little English that he probably had no idea what i was telling him. So i don't know for sure if he helped me based off of MS policy or he just didn't understand what i was telling him. But i don't feel guilty. If they want to higher people with almost no English skill to run their call centers then they can reap the benefits.

The FB trending post I saw said they were announcing it with their Windows event.

What I've heard about it is similar to what they did with Media Center with Win8 - that it's an add-on and doesn't come with the core OS. They'd take features not everybody (i.e. non-power users) uses, and make those optional or sub-based.

Of course, news could have changed since I read that.

Thanks for the tips about using my old activation code with the new rig, i'll give them a call this weekend and see how it goes. And that idea about Windows 10 being subscription based is ridiculous if that turns out to be true man, hopefully they won't go that far.

As of about noon today i've officially got all the new hardware installed, and she works like a dream. I want to thank you again for you're help with the build PP Mguire, it fit my budget perfectly and I couldn't be happier with how it works, I never knew MWO looked as good as it does haha, and ArcheAge runs at 80-100 FPS now.

Thanks for the tips about using my old activation code with the new rig, i'll give them a call this weekend and see how it goes. And that idea about Windows 10 being subscription based is ridiculous if that turns out to be true man, hopefully they won't go that far.

As of about noon today i've officially got all the new hardware installed, and she works like a dream. I want to thank you again for you're help with the build PP Mguire, it fit my budget perfectly and I couldn't be happier with how it works, I never knew MWO looked as good as it does haha, and ArcheAge runs at 80-100 FPS now.
Actually it would be better if it went sub based depending on how they work it.

No prob. Surprised you haven't realized how terrible MWO really is though. :sleep:

Yeahhhh, I get the old "MWO is horrible" from a few people now and again, but I find it's improved alot since it's early days, and I enjoy playing it. My brother and a couple of my friends play with me now and again, and that's always a good time haha. I think it will be even better once I get myself an Oculus Rift and can play it from the cockpit :p

In all truth I cycle between a ridiculous amount of games, usually focusing on 1-3 games for a few months at a time, before switching out one or two of them to keep myself from getting bored. Last couple months it was MWO, Runescape, and a couple games I bought on Steam, now it's MWO, ArcheAge, and other games I bought on Steam :p Will likely be switching Runescape back into the mix soon, my clan members have been messaging me on the clan forum and Facebook telling me to wander back home to Gielinor lol.

I hate how ridiculously P2W it is. The matchmaking isn't that great either. I really wish they wouldn't have gone the direction they did and made some form of SP.

Back
Top Bottom