What psu do I need?

Those Antec 450 psu's get really good reviews, and they are priced low too, but even though they are efficient, they do not have an 80+ rating (passive PFC) and the cables are not sleeved. Still a very good power supply.

EVGA makes a decent 500w power supply (B version) for around $50. that rated 80+ bronze
Amazon.com: EVGA 500B 500W 80PLUS Bronze Certified ATX12V/EPS12V 500W Power Supply 100-B1-0500-KR: Electronics
If it's that price for Canadians then go for the eVGA.

So the deal here is, If i want to upgrade in the future i should get a 500 watt PSU?

Yes get the 500 watt psu while you have the money now.
Then you worry about getting a dedicated early next year between januarary to late feburary while online stores get rid of old products and restock for new items.
The great part about antec if the psu does kick out before you move on to a new build.
You'll get another one free of charge during the warranty.
Make sure antec or any other company can validate your proof of purchase.
Electronic receipt through email support is best for quick response times.

Last edited:
from the Amazon link:

It's on sale today for $40.

Today the conversion is about $6.30 more than U.S. dollars

yes, a 500watt power supply would be in your best interest
Was on my phone so wasn't looking. Kinda at work lol.

To OP yea a quality unit so you don't have to worry about it later.

Are you planning on any future upgrades and are you planning on over clocking the computer? If not then like the previous person stated a 500w power supply would be sufficient. Around the same price range I would recomend the Corsair CX Series 500 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 456 Power Supply CX500M for about $64.99 Amazon.com: Corsair CX Series 750 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Bronze ATX12V/EPS12V 744 Power Supply CX750M: Computers & Accessories

Over budget.

Back
Top Bottom