Laptop Suggestions

Bad Dub

Beta member
Hey

I stream video games atm but with my current cpu I can only stream at low quality which isnt good. Ive been looking for a new laptop. I was looking at HP with i7 processors but people say they heat up easily. I was wondering does anyone have any laptop suggestions? Full HD screen is necessary. Ill be using it for streaming, some photoshop, and programming and other generic stuff.

Also my max price is £800

Thanks

What games are you wanting to play?

If you're gaming...I'd recommend Asus or MSI - one of their gaming series laptops. Fantastic cooling solutions and nice power for price.

Also, if you get a system with a nVidia GPU that's at least GTX 7xx series or higher, you can use nVidia ShadowPlay which offloads all the work onto the GPU and you most likely won't see much (if any) of a performance hit while streaming. You can do the same thing with OBS as well, if you're running nVidia and set it to use the nVida Streaming codec in the settings.

If you're not against used systems...look into picking up a used MSI or Asus. I've done that several times and you can find some good deals on the higher end laptops that people are getting rid of because they've upgraded.

What games are you wanting to play?

If you're gaming...I'd recommend Asus or MSI - one of their gaming series laptops. Fantastic cooling solutions and nice power for price.

Also, if you get a system with a nVidia GPU that's at least GTX 7xx series or higher, you can use nVidia ShadowPlay which offloads all the work onto the GPU and you most likely won't see much (if any) of a performance hit while streaming. You can do the same thing with OBS as well, if you're running nVidia and set it to use the nVida Streaming codec in the settings.

If you're not against used systems...look into picking up a used MSI or Asus. I've done that several times and you can find some good deals on the higher end laptops that people are getting rid of because they've upgraded.

Thanks for the reply. I actually stream from the xbox one using the elgato capture card to obs. I dont need a gaming laptop just a laptop that is powerful enough to let me stream in perfect quality.

Back
Top Bottom