New Build

Thanks for the advice PP, I've used all of those parts except one, which is the graphics card. The GTX 760 in all the youtube benchmarks I've seen, beats the R9 280 by at least 10-15 fps. During explosions, it's even more (BF3 and 4). But thanks again :D

Youtube, not reputable. On all reputable sites that compare the 280 vs the 760 the 280 is at least 5fps more than the 760 besides in a select few Nvidia titles. Honestly the only reason I would chose a 760 over a 280 is due to the NVCodec for streaming or recording gameplay. It has pretty much 0 impact on performance whether you use Shadowplay or OBS.

This might sound arrogant, but I've had a hell of a time using AMD for the last 2 years on my laptop and I do NOT want to have to go through all the bs on a new gaming rig. I've been wanting to try out nVidia for a while, and so I would simply like to use that. I may use an AMD card later though :)

Understandable, just wanted to let you know what's up. I use Nvidia cards for two reasons. Drivers, and NVCodec. Although I was just offered a cheap 295x2, so we'll see what happens lol.

^More true words have not been spoken.
and lets not forget physx support, sure its not widely used, but its nice to have (Borderlands)

Pretty much been an exclusive Nvidia user since uhhh.....2010? I hardly ever use PhysX even when it's available. Now Gsync, that's something I can't wait to jump all over.

Back
Top Bottom