Is burning software required for CD-RW drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not sure , but isnt 8mg on a dvd ? im not sure till i look my dvd burner up but i think its 8mg..got me wondering now...my old cdrw is 2 mg . question here on nero isnt the buffer your reffering to on the mobo ,( harddrive ) for the underrun protection or something like that ? ( temp file for transfers)

Smokin-A.I. : you missed this part ;)

8mb like a HDD, or is 2mb sufficient?

the burning software bundled with burners are usually locked to the hardware's ID or it is crippled. this is for both oem and retail cd/dvd burners. if you have a full version burning program like nero than you will be fine. with the full version you can use it with any burner. with modern burners you can ignire buffer size and stupid names like "mount ranier", justlink, or any other buffer underun technology. they are so cheap and relaible it's usually a no brainer...except with dvd-burners. they're still developing dvd burning technology, it's not always reliable.

True_Orb buy a dvd burner if you can, you get cd-burning capabilities. get something like a NEC 3500. with cd-burners i would get whatever is on sale

movies and some games like Half Life 2 are available on DVD. I was suggesting that a combo drive can save you money

True_Orb..
cd roms are a thing of the past now , they have stopped pretty much at a top speed of 56x or something like that ..everything now is going to dvd's. its the difference of being able to store 800mg as to 4.7gig of info on one disc , also note that the new ones are now dual layer dvd's which is even more storage. with a dvd burner , if you wanted to do a back up of your hdd , on a cd you may use up 4 or more , where as with a dvd you would only need 1 dvd .
or if you wanted to make a home movie off your camcorder you could with a dvd and the quality would be great .

And you can get a lot more date on a dvd burner and dvd disks are getting cheep now.

OK now that's the kind of answer I like Smokin!

BUT I am completely alien to DVD burners and what makes a good one, would you be even cooler than before and give me a decent pick or what to look for in a DVD burner?
They do perform all the tasks of a CD-Rom/RW also right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom