Help with build

fallenapples

In Runtime
After purchasing all of my components I am ready for my second build. I have connected everything but my hard drive. But I get nothing when I power up. The cpu fan does not spin. I just get a green LED. My pinouts are correct. I couldn't figure out the eight pin connector. I tried 2 four pin connectors. Could that be the problem? I tried two connect the pcie connecters and a two pin but it does not fit. The memory is fine as well as the cpu. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_0401.jpg
    IMG_0401.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0400.jpg
    IMG_0400.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0399.jpg
    IMG_0399.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0398.jpg
    IMG_0398.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0397.jpg
    IMG_0397.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 2
You need to look for something like this:

CPU-44.jpg

eps-8pin.jpg

What I would do:

Pull everything out of the case.
Strip mobo down to CPU and cooler.
Connect power to mobo connections and arc the pins to power it up.
If it works pull the power and add the RAM, then arc it again.
If it works pull the power and add something else until it doesn't power up.

If it doesn't power up with just the CPU, try using a different PSU the you know is good to see if the mobo is bad.
Also, check the voltage switch on the PSU (if it has one) to make sure it is not set to the wrong setting).

What Trotter means is that you temporarily connect the PWR pins in the front panel header on the motherboard, just use something metallic to short the pins momentarily, this will tell the motherboard to start and show a post screen (Power On Self Test) I would also recommend that you remove the motherboard from the case, with the cpu/heatsink/fan, memory module and power supply's 24 pin and 8 pin connected in place. Put the board on a non-conductive surface and connect a mouse, keyboard and monitor. Jump out ( or arc the pins) the PWR pins on the front panel header and see if the board will post and you can get into the bios settings

That means it must have been shorting out in the case someplace, make sure it doesn't have any extra standoffs in any places it's not supposed to on the board. Only place they should be is where the screw holes are on the MB

Back
Top Bottom