GPU temp/software

dkingman

Baseband Member
Hi, I was wondering what software there is or how I can read the GPU temp of a new laptop? I've tried numerous software but nothing seems to read the GPU! It's a 760M and win 8.1.

Any advice would be appreciated, because it's driving me nuts not knowing what temps it;s running at.

MSI won't work, already tried it. I tried real temp, core temp, speedfan (bluescreened and crashed the laptop), HW monitor and something else I can't remember.

Why wont any of them pick up the GPU?

Do you have the drivers installed from nVidia for it?

Possibly could also have a bad sensor.

The GPU drivers are up to date.

How would I check the sensor?

Is there some sort of NVIDIA software that can check GPU temps?

Just quoting this so it doesn't get lost.

MSI doesn't work on the laptop. The GPU part is greyed out with no way to adjust fan speeds etc.

Not really able to check the sensor other than software not being able to read it - that kinda indicates a possibly bad sensor. You could try the card on another system and see if it gets picked up in a new system.

Don't think NvidiaCP or GeForce Experience have temp sensors - usually just left up to 3rd parties. MSI Afterburner, EVGA Precision, RivaTuner (what the former 2 are based on), HWMonitor, and Everest are what I've used.

Edit: whoops, just realised you said it was a 760M - missed that. So nevermind on the swapping systems - unless you have a compatible laptop :lol:.

Last edited:
Just quoting this so it doesn't get lost.

MSI doesn't work on the laptop. The GPU part is greyed out with no way to adjust fan speeds etc.
That is normal with pretty much ALL laptops. Doesn't mean it's not monitoring the temp. It would be in the detachable sensor area with GPU 0 or something. If you want to adjust the fan speed and you don't have an MSI laptop then you're pretty SOL.

Also, have you tried GPU-Z yet?

iirc with MSI, there was just nothing at all about a GPU, now I think about it.

I'll try GPU-Z in a bit and get back to you.

Thanks for the info guys

Back
Top Bottom