Need to Upgrade - Mobo, Ram, Processor, etc???

I feel like the H81 mobo PCI slot is too close tothe RAM and when i get the 970 gfx card it will have problems where it wont fit......

I feel like the H81 mobo PCI slot is too close tothe RAM and when i get the 970 gfx card it will have problems where it wont fit......

It will fit fine, The way the GPU goes in it has the fans pointing down so it doesn't need clearence on the upper side where the Ram goes in, The MB will fit the card nicely as long as you have a case it will fit into.

Dauntae

It will fit fine, The way the GPU goes in it has the fans pointing down so it doesn't need clearence on the upper side where the Ram goes in, The MB will fit the card nicely as long as you have a case it will fit into.

Dauntae

I have the following case RAIDMAX Astro ATX-268WB Black 0.7mm Japanese SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Newegg.com

Is that sufficient size?

Edit - And i think i am going to pull the trigger with this Mobo instead, http://www.microcenter.com/product/419739/H81M-HDS_LGA_1150_mATX_Intel_Motherboard will it be comptabile with the other items i have gotten so far? (RaM and CPU)

and also going to get this CPU http://www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_35GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Seem cool?!

Last edited:
The ASRock board will more than likely need a bios update to use the 4960k. Ask Microcenter to do it for you.

How did you know that? And if they cant do it, is this something that i can take care of myself.

EDIT- NVM, i was able to get the ASRock Z97 Anniversary for $55! So I will buy that instead! Will this Mobo need to be updated as well?

Next up will be the Video Graphics Card!! But for that i want to wait till closer to christmas to see if prices will go down. Unless you guys find something worth getting right away! :)

Last edited:
The 4690k is a newer CPU and odds have it in store the stock has been there since before those were released meaning they will need a bios update. The Z97 will not.

Thought I posted a 280 for less than 200 bucks. That's a good price. Guy selling a 7970 here for 150 or something like that. Another good price.

Back
Top Bottom