Microsoft Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
:eek: I would like some help with Outlook 2003 please.

:umm: 1. Is there a way that all three of the To:, Cc:, and Bcc: fields appear when I click new mail. At the moment there is only To: and Cc: appearing.

:freak: 2. You know how if you have a dial up modem and you open Outlook Express, or Internet Explorer, and they automatically dial up the internet without having to be told to? How do you get Outlook to do that. At the moment it just open and sits there doing nothing. 'Ummm, excuse me. I'd like to check my emails!' I actually have to not be so lazy and click send/receive before it will dial. I'm far too lazy to want to do that everytime so how can I get it to automatically dial, or can't it?! :confused:

not sure about question 1...
question # 2...
open outlook ->tools->options->mail setup->e-mail accounts->(E-mail) view or change existing e-mail account -> selector your account -> change-> more settings -> manually control connection state (you'll might have to change this setting as well) -> under the connection tab @ the top, there will be a check box "connect using my phone line"

good luck

internet sevice provider. they might have blocked all smtp traffic unless it goes through their smtp relay server to prevent spam attacks...

Kirkmears, could be that too... didn't think of that. i was thinking more along the lines of connection... like if it was an AOL connection, and configureing the dialup settings in windows to automatically dial can get tricky, esp when aol tries several numbers or changes them and there isn't only one phone number to dial... also like you said about blocking trafic i've never tried but can AOL (or some other dial up ISP's) be dialed from windows without starting the AOL applications... securities would then need to be configured... ect. ect.

found here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010451021033.aspx

Microsoft Office Outlook® 2003
Microsoft Outlook® 2002
Microsoft Office Word 2003
Microsoft Word 2002

Cc
Cc is shorthand for carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in an Outlook e-mail message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is visible to other recipients of the message.

Bcc
Bcc is shorthand for blind carbon copy. If you add a recipient's name to this box in an e-mail message, a copy of the message is sent to that recipient, and the recipient's name is not visible to other recipients of the message. If the Bcc box isn't visible when you create a new message, you can add it.

To view the Bcc address box
In Outlook, on the Actions menu, click New Mail Message.
Do one of the following:
If you are using Word as your e-mail editor, on the toolbar, click the drop-down arrow to the right of the Options button, and click Bcc.
If you are not using Word as your e-mail editor, on the View menu, click Bcc Field.
All new e-mail messages now display the Bcc address box.

hope this helps

thanks!

My first issue is solved - YAY! I will try what you suggested to fix my other problem about automatic dialling.

My ISP is a New Zealand one (paradise.net.nz) and doesn't have any prgrams like AOL, it just dials up whenever I tell it to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom