any security guys here? need advice on security cameras

I see that this market is for used cars, so they might be getting chopped up and parted out, to be sold that way
Is there a big demand for Honda parts?

Considering the amount of kids that like to tinker and break things, I would only imagine yes...

...Hondas are bad cars ?

Anyway, you're hardly going to see Merc S class or Bentleys at the top of the list, due to the fact there are probably 100x as many Hondas.
Not what I said.

If I was going to risk a long sentence in prison for theft I'm not going to steal some 4k pile of crap. I'm going to grab me a nice ass car. It's about as dumb as people going around Dallas and stealing catalytic converters. When they get caught they get a pretty big sentence and I'm just like dude, what a ****ing moron.

If your going to steal a car....you certainly would not keep it so the hot car pay off for a 4K Honda might be better than a Lincoln
The supply and demand for a particular hot car might outweigh the value of the car

none of my cars are stock. I can buy 2 stock s2000s for what I have in them.
this is not about which car is better or import vs domestic or why Honda is bad.
people talk **** about other makes and models because of lack of knowledge about cars.
but im not gonna go into that you ca do your own research.
****** car sucks is one of the most ignorant things to say.
car sucks, based on what? because its a popular bandwagon to jump on? most likely...

most of the haters and **** talkers are stuck in the 90s when Honda was just a daily grocery getter. speedfactory is setting a record every year and almost every one of their race Hondas while everyone is talking **** about Honda meanwhile Honda type-r and NSX managed to make it in same calendars as European luxury sport cars and I don't see many others being put in same category as those cars and be able to hang with them on the track.

its not the car its the parts and aftermarket parts are always in demand...

I asked about cameras how did this turn into a car discussion I donno.

all im trying to find is a camera with good low light sensitivity and reasonable price.
or maybe more detailed ant technical info about the security cameras in general that professionals know and general public doesn't
all the articles I found pretty much copy and paste same basic info

just want to know which specs to look at and which ae just ******** useless information.

coming from a mustang owner you have no place to talk btw. but I don't hate on them like you hate on other cars... there are good and bad models of every manufacturer and you need to stop hating

Dude, I'm talking purely based on value of cars. 90% of ALL Hondas aren't worth crap because they are beaten down daily drivers (Joe pretty much proves this). The only one here bringing anything about the "typical" car crap here is you because you misunderstood (probably on purpose) what I was saying. THAT is a typical car douche thing. The topic at hand has been about you wanting cameras due to theft of vehicles, in which my conversation still carries on that topic. Nobody is hating here, so take that **** somewhere else like Youtube where it belongs.

I hate to say it, but if you are the victim to theft because of aftermarket cars then most likely you are simply a target of theft due to said parts. They know what you have and target you because of it. A camera isn't going to do much about it because even if you have solid evidence the odds that the cops will do anything is slim to none. That is just purely assuming that you live in a bad part of town due to the topic. A friend of mine is in the same situation. Him and 6 other people are targeted by kids in that neighborhood (the one I used to own a house in) and they slash their tires about once every two months. He had me put up a nice camera setup to which both of us can remote in and watch at any time (Blue Iris) and the cops still won't do anything.

Like I said earlier, how the hell does your barricade stop a professional thief and not a proper car security system.

I also gave you a link to Foscam which sells very good camera systems, look at $150 for a decent camera, then another $50 to $100 for the software, then you need storage space.

Lol who steals a Honda? I know exactly what you said
and you should check local prices for mustang and a Honda of same year or even a Honda 10 years older than the mustang... it will still be double the value. check the facts before trying to secretly clown on on people...
a lot of people try to clown on certain cars without really having facts to back it up.
90% of Hondas are scrap? show me statistics? or you can go on craigslist and see how much Hondas sell for and how much your car sells for...
i wouldn't say anything back if i didn't know what you drive. but typical mustang owners think they are hot **** because they got brainwashed by the media to belive that mustang is a sports car and think that they are driving a "muscle car" i can hang with your muscle car in my stock motor Honda. and done it many times before.

you started it with your comment. and yea i take it personally when people talk about **** that they don't understand ...
and to answer your next comeback. i don't hate on mustangs i hate on ignorant mustang owners who think their car is the **** and other cars are scrap metal.
my neighbor owns a new mustang gt 5.0 and i would own that too its a great car but i also have a friend who has an older cobra who also thinks hes hot **** and keeps getting beat by Hondas yet still talks ****

cops don't have to do anything if I see who did it. I know cops don't do **** I already had it stolen 4 times and recovered it wasn't stripped tho so I kept it.

and thanks corrosive I am looking through their webpage they got a lot of products lol

Lol who steals a Honda? I know exactly what you said
and you should check local prices for mustang and a Honda of same year or even a Honda 10 years older than the mustang... it will still be double the value. check the facts before trying to secretly clown on on people...
a lot of people try to clown on certain cars without really having facts to back it up.
90% of Hondas are scrap? show me statistics? or you can go on craigslist and see how much Hondas sell for and how much your car sells for...
i wouldn't say anything back if i didn't know what you drive. but typical mustang owners think they are hot **** because they got brainwashed by the media to belive that mustang is a sports car and think that they are driving a "muscle car" i can hang with your muscle car in my stock motor Honda. and done it many times before.

you started it with your comment. and yea i take it personally when people talk about **** that they don't understand ...
and to answer your next comeback. i don't hate on mustangs i hate on ignorant mustang owners who think their car is the **** and other cars are scrap metal.
my neighbor owns a new mustang gt 5.0 and i would own that too its a great car but i also have a friend who has an older cobra who also thinks hes hot **** and keeps getting beat by Hondas yet still talks ****

cops don't have to do anything if I see who did it. I know cops don't do **** I already had it stolen 4 times and recovered it wasn't stripped tho so I kept it.

and thanks corrosive I am looking through their webpage they got a lot of products lol

Proving you're a typical Honda owner one post at a time. How's the hateraid bro? Or should I say bruh? Brah? Stop being buttmad at what I posted and look further into it, but I guess since you drive a Honda and I drive a Mustang it means you automatically have to detest everything I say. Do you see me saying **** about my car? Do you see me hating on Hondas? No. Its a damn fact Hondas are cheap daily drivers and most used are beat to hell and go for pennies. Like I said go take your domestic vs import ******** to YouTube where it belongs.

And before you post another rebuttal mentioning what I drive just take note I still haven't said **** about my car because I dont care what you drive. I'm speaking truth.

Sent from my Z740 using TechForums

Edit: Now that I'm not on my phone I can type a lot better. You obviously took the time to read other threads to know what I drove, but do you even know WHY I drive a Mustang, or a Ford in general? If you took the time to get past your ego and read more into other things I've said outside of this thread you would know that I am a general car lover and that I absolutely hate the "Mustang Mentality". That being said, I have to ask why do Honda (or import) owners always feel the need to prove something? Dude I don't care if you drive a Mclaren or a Toyota Camry. If you have passion in your vehicle and you do the work yourself to get the product you want I can appreciate whatever it is because I'm that kind of person. I just met a dude at my work who does the car work on my son's grandparent's (ex's parents) Mustangs and found out he's the owner of a wheel standing 69 Camaro. It makes me drool. But wait, if I was a typical Mustang owner like you want to say I am I wouldn't like anything that is Chevy. I own and drive a Ford (Mustang in particular) because it's what I grew up around and what my dad professionally worked on. He knew Fords like the back of his hand and passed a lot of that expertise down to me. I know the engines, I know the quirks, I can work on them myself and I go for most of the vehicles that are cheap. I also got this 1 owner car for 4 grand that has a mint interior and at the time only 90k easy going miles with a completely untouched engine and a solid transmission. You know what my next car is going to be for a daily? A Tesla. Yea, a freakin Tesla. I don't need a loud V8 to make me feel better about myself, but since I have one I enjoy the noise it produces and more importantly it's mine. No payments. I also wouldn't mind owning a C7, an NSX, or even one of those V8 Hyundai cars.

On the subject of Hondas, everybody knows that the lower end cars are known to be extremely reliable cheap dailies. They go for 200+k miles if taken care of properly and almost never need to tear the engine apart for any reason. That's exactly what I was getting at. I can go on my local CL and look for an older 90s model Civic and can get them for dirt cheap and 99% of them will run, usually all under 3 grand which make good cars for a point A to point B situation (and why they're popular for the younger beginner driving crowd). With that being said, if they are being jacked for parts it seems kinda dumb to me to risk prison time just for that. But you pretty much proved my point at being targeted. You'll obviously take this the wrong way but it's whatever, if you want some solid advice, gtfo of that neighborhood.

Btw, you started it? Pretty damn immature man, act your age. You are clearly the one assuming things and bashing because YOU are the typical Honda/Import guy who wants to be THAT guy. Idk what you have and honestly don't really care, but as I was saying before if you have a 1.6l boosted with a fat turbo spinning all gears I can appreciate that regardless of the vehicle. Seriously though, stop being that guy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom