Techist - Tech Forum - View Single Post - new pc build keeps restarting when not in a game

Click Here to Login
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
-RockMan-
Banned

Default Re: new pc build keeps restarting when not in a game

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilsonFPS View Post
my pc has been randomly rebooting itself, no BSOD, power off and then it starts up. Then I get the option to start in safe mode ect... sometimes but this only happens when im not playing a game when im playing a game i can play for hours and hours but as soon as i go to desktop after maybe 30 mins il get reboot and then it will reboot like 5 more times before getting back to desktop

The only way i can browse the internet is ti minimize a game to stop the rebooting
I have shut off the option to stop a force restart in the computer options and it still reboots

FX 6300 6 core
8GB RAM
GTX 750 TI 2GB
500W PSU
GIGABYTE 78LMT-USB3
Which version of windows do you have by chance ? do you know how to get into safe mode depending on the os ?
For windows 7 reboot the computer after bios splash screen or post goes off hit F8.
Once you do you'll be prpmpted at a nice menu, choose safe mode without networking.
Go to the os logs and hardware logs look for any errors with a red x and copy down what it says.

Did you or windows install any new new updates or updated drivers by chance ?
-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.