Should i get a Macbook?

walcott

Solid State Member
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of switching OS. Is a macbook really worth it? I am used to windows applications and i am concerned that there may be issues when working with the programs i love.

Up to you, but personally I don't think it's worth it.

Paying more for the same level of hardware you could get with a normal PC.

What programs do you use?

IMO switching to Mac OS was one of the better decisions I've made.. for laptops. It's an awesome OS to use with the trackpad. It's so much nicer than Windows :tongue:

You're going to get diehards on both sides of the fence. Coming from a Windows users that has had a decent amount of experience with both, I'd say they are both going to be right. As someone else said, it's ultimately up to you. You may find it's the greatest thing ever. Or you may find you hate it. Mac vs Windows definitely takes some getting used to, and you may not like it at all.

One thing I will say you should consider: how long do you wait between computers? Do you repair your computer and repair your computer and repair your computer until you have no choice but to buy another? If so, the parts for Mac are often more expensive than the parts for Windows computers. Also, they are hard to work on, esp laptops, and may force you to take it to a repair shop if you aren't well versed in computer repair (perhaps by design?).

I personally don't know what kind of warranties that Macs offer, but I swear by the Dell warranties (get the covers-absolutely-everything warranty).

I have been in the best of both worlds. I have had a windows computer for many years, and now I have an iMac and a Macbook Pro.
I have to say, I am not experiencing all the lag and crashes that I have had with windows in the past *cough vista. But when I had Windows 7, I had no issues at all.
What programs do you use? Most of the major programs, like Word, Adobe Suite etc. are available on Mac OS.

Back
Top Bottom