Please Help with AMD Kaveri Driver Issue (A8-7600)

Ok, so I was running the beta driver so I went ahead and took it off. I ran the autodetect again and it installed the latest non beta driver again. No, I do not remember seeing it uninstall the old driver when I was trying to install it over the old ones. Also when installing the newest beta or non beta drivers it does not make me restart my computer? This is also strange right? Anyway here is the software version and all other info in that table in the catalyst software.
Driver Packaging Version 14.301.1001-140915a-176154C
Catalyst Version 14.9
Provider Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
2D Driver Version 8.01.01.1423
2D Driver File Path /REGISTRY/MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/CLASS/{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}/0000
Direct3D Version 9.14.10.01061
OpenGL Version 6.14.10.13084
Mantle Driver Version 9.1.10.0034
Mantle API Version 94209
AMD Catalyst Control Center Version 2014.0915.1813.30937
AMD Audio Driver Version 7.12.0.7719

10836474_10204001428574989_527896371_n.jpg

10836167_10204001430615040_1329405981_n.jpg

10815686_10204001431375059_126542760_n.jpg

You Look at this screen shot I quoted to you, see that driver version and the date ?

You google this: catalyst 14.301.1001.0 and see what you get. :)
Now for the time being read this link carefully do not download from there yet.
AMD Catalyst Graphics Driver 14.11.2 Beta for Windows 7/8 Driver - TechSpot

We're going to snatch this old driver and catalyst suite off of your system first.
Read what amd has to say then you follow and do what they say.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Make sure to reboot once its completely finished.
Check control panel to make sure its gone now we're going to try this.
Desktop
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/amd-catalyst-14.11.2beta-64bit-win8.1-win7-nov19.exe

I know it says beta but thats the best amd has for right now.
Install it once its done, reboot to reflect final changes to windows 7.

Go ahead and run whatever games you play, make sure to install framework version 4.0 like ati noted.

If it still sucks either A bare with it or go ahead and get a nvidia GT/GTX card.
Also yes nvidia does work wonderfully with amd cpus/apus not many will state that but it does work out well.

I can attest to Nvidia working beautifully with AMD processors these days, maybe not back in the old days, but now, they work nicely, I still say the RAM is what's hitting performance, maybe not enough to have such a decrease, but it's still responsible for a large chunk.

Last edited:
I have actually downloaded all of those drivers, and tried them already. I have also visited the instruction page you sent me. Do you think this may be an OS issue? I have been using the same OS ISO for a while now, but I have never had an issue with it before.

I have actually downloaded all of those drivers, and tried them already. I have also visited the instruction page you sent me. Do you think this may be an OS issue? I have been using the same OS ISO for a while now, but I have never had an issue with it before.

I hardly doubt that at all especially since this is a new machine you built.
So just a little recap, you got your parts 2 days ago, you built the machine from scratch.
You installed the drivers that windows did, played some games mostly everything works.
You looked at windows rating about the apu overall it told you what the score was.

Given all that and you "SHOULD" have the drivers in there I recommended.
If the machine works fine but the score won't change even in passmark.
There is nothing much more you can do to it to make it change.

If you simply don't like the score you have 2 options.
Break down the machine "disassemble" repackage "everything" up and call the retail store or online for RMA support.
Hope and pray they are willing to accept returns on the items as long as everything came back the way it was.
plus restocking fees and shipping costs on your end.
Or you can be thankfull it works even though it has score you dont like and just the use machine for what you intended to do.
If I'm wrong and there is something wrong preventing the apu to operate correctly...
Your best bet is to speak with AMD.com technical support or locate another forum on the net that can help you more.
Keep in mind other users have issues similiar to yours but less severe.

Last edited:
Yeah, I have put a ton of effort and time into fixing this problem. Reading the reviews when purchasing all the components to make this computer I had anticipated that this computer would be smaller and better than the xbox 360. The reviews said that this processor by itself was better than gaming on the xbox 360. It just aggravates me that I know there's a problem, and I cannot seem to fix it knowing that I fixed hundreds of computers. The games I have tried on this pc so far include Skyrim and the newer NFS Most Wanted. Both played but were extremely laggy. From my previous experience with an AMD A10-6800 and some A8 trinity in laptops they both rated a 6.8 on both graphics scores with 1600mhz ram. Now I expected this one to be better or at least equal as the older models especially it being a desktop. The regular graphics score of 4.9 is totally unacceptable for me. I could live with the 6.4 on gaming graphics, but knowing that the regular graphics is very wrong I know the gaming graphics will also be better when I figure out the problem.

What are your temps? Ambient (mobo) and CPU both. Check 'em with HWMonitor and post a screenshot here.

Idle and load temps would be best (just start HWMonitor while idle and it'll record the "lowest" temp, and then you load up a game for a while it should record the highest temp as well so you only need to post 1 screenshot).

Back
Top Bottom