Need to Upgrade - Mobo, Ram, Processor, etc???

Hey if I increase my budget will it be better? Like I said in tryna have a semi top of the line gaming PC. Current budget is $500, how much more do you think I would need to invest to get a semi top tier gaming build? Max I'm thinking is $650-$700 but only if the additional investment will help me add more years to the new build. My previous build held me up until now, which has been almost 10 years. How long do you think this new build still last me?

Semi top tier? Well for that you'd need an i5 4690k which is over 200, a 970 which is over 300, a Z97 board which starts at about 80 bucks, a nice SSD, and a 650w quality PSU. A semi top tier, or ballpark what we call mainstream, is basically a 1000 dollar build.

If you up your budget to 650 you can grab an i5 4440 (or 4460 whichever is in stock). That'll last you a while. The only thing you'll really need to concentrate on upgrading later is the GPU. It won't last you even 5 years.

The 280 and 760 trade blows depending on the game. Personally I would stick with Nvidia but that's me because I've really become fond of their NV Codec.

The 280 and 760 trade blows depending on the game. Personally I would stick with Nvidia but that's me because I've really become fond of their NV Codec.

What do you mean it blows depending on the game? I wanted to play Shadow of Mordor, so judging on that game as a reference which one do you think will do the job better? Because the 280 seems to have higher specs than the 760.

Back
Top Bottom