TF Car Guy Chat

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Instead of thread jacking let's just do it here.
If you're into cars in any way go ahead and post and we can have a general discussion about cars and everything in between here.

My dad was a pro mechanic until he broke his back the second time, and some of my earliest memories are of him racing his 67 Mustang down at the track. Much like coffee, mucis and tech, fuel runs in my blood. I didn't seriously get into cars until after my dad died and I was given my mom's 68 Mustang. That's when I started getting into the work on my own car aspect ect.

Right now I have a 99 Mustang GT that I've done exhaust work and have major plans for. I also have a 78 Ford truck that has my hot rodded 302 in it that I need to redo.

You made this thread at the end of the day while I was at work just getting ready to leave for the day, so just now getting time to reply :p.

Anyway... I'm not super into cars, but I try to at least troubleshoot them myself, or at the least with the help of my dad or oldest brother.

My dad is a mechanic (does small-engines nowadays), oldest brother is a mechanic, and other brother isn't really a mechanic by trade, but knows a good amount still. I'm the odd one out in the fact that I don't know a whole lot about cars lol.

My dad also drag races - he has an S10 that does low to mid 11's - oldest brother has a 2005 (I think?) Mustang GT that he occasionally races. Thinking about taking my Monte Carlo on the track during one of the Street Legal nights next summer, just to see how I do.

I would have little to no experience with mechanics, but I love cars. I'm actually patiently waiting to get my first car (hopefully early next year). I've had my full license over 2 years now. I watch Rally and F1 (sometimes) and often watch other car related shows on TV. I enjoy driving whenever I get a chance.

@Carnage
Same :tongue:
My dad was a mechanic, is now an investigator for automotive fraud for the government, my brother took after him and does it as a hobby.

I, on the other hand, went way in the opposite direction :tongue:

My brother has some 800HP 75 Camaro, my dad's fixing up a 69 Bel Air, my brother owned a corvette for a while but sold it... and here I am with my 2007 Camry Hybrid :tongue:

@Carnage
Same :tongue:
My dad was a mechanic, is now an investigator for automotive fraud for the government, my brother took after him and does it as a hobby.

I, on the other hand, went way in the opposite direction :tongue:

:lol: Glad I'm not the only one.

When my gf completely screwed up her steering I could have fixed it but told her to take her **** in to a shop lol. Power steering fluid sucks.

Most cars use transmission fluid for the power steering system, very rarely do any use actual power steering fluid anymore. Ford has had a love for Type F in the power steering system since the early 90's. I am just annoyed by the location of all these components.

Every single car I've owned (that actually had power steering) has used this. It's definitely not trans fluid, but both are equally nasty.

prestone_power_steering_fluid.png

You can use either or in most american cars, but from the factory they tend to be filled with tranny fluid, and some will use brake fluid. Don't just look at the cap, look at the service manual. ;)

From my understanding and what I see, the pump get's a little louder when you use regular power steering fluid on these cars.

Back
Top Bottom