I need help with RAM

Can find it used for cheaper. Single sticks of 4gig will be harder to find in throwaway systems though... lol.

Still, OP wants to upgrade for gaming, which we need to know the full system specs... Would be rather pointless if he is using a 6 year old GPU, or even older that would barely let anything play and having 16GB of RAM with a 32bit operating system.

So, cgm24, what are your full specs?

PSU, RAM, Graphics Card, CPU, HDD, Operating System (32bit or 64bit????? this is critical)
What games are you wanting to play?

When it comes to gaming you need a good mix of RAM, CPU, and GPU power, as well as a proper PSU.

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ - Newegg.com
Good buy? Compatible?

It has HDD im looking to upgrade to 8 GB of RAM and its 64 bit

would this be a compatible upgrade?
G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ

also 700 watts on the PSU

Mushkin Enhanced Silverline 4GB 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Desktop MemoryModel 991763
Or would this be a better buy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I thought I did

PSU- 700 watts, RAM 4 GB, Graphics Card (Unknown), CPU- AMD athlon 64x2 dual core processor 6400, HDD- 1 TB brand new , Operating System 64 bit

Graphics card
256 MB available Microsoft basic display adapter

So the Phenom x 4.... where is best to find that processor and also elaborate on the video card, please

Also would the phenom II x4 be compatible?

They quit making phenom chips a while ago......
You can find a used one at Amazon for $100.
http://www.amazon.com/AMD-HDZ940XCGIBOX-Phenom-Edition-Processor/dp/B001NFT2RI

As far a a gaming GPU, I'll let someone else chime in on that because I am not a gamer.
You'll have as much into upgrading this old board as you could with a brand new board, memory and cpu

What brand name is that 700w power supply and how old is it?

Back
Top Bottom