Monster PC, can't stream Monitor Capture

Lapeane

Baseband Member
Hey!

This is my PC, I just switched from GTX 760 to MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4g. But I see no difference, I wanted to stream in Monitor capture but the FPS and everything is pretty much the same on World of Warcraft.

MY PC SPECS:

MSI GTX 970
i7-4790 CPU@3.60 GHz
8GB Ram HyperX 1886
Antec NeoECO 620W
AsROCK H81M
SSD 120GB - checked already before, all good.

I had topic here before and pretty much every part was checked by some programms. I would really want to stream monitor capture thats first, 2nd Idk why, but there's no difference between my old GPU and new one :D

Rofl.

Thanks for help: )

Is Monitor Capture the program you're using? What are you streaming to? Twitch? Or are you just saving to your HDD?

If you're streaming via Twitch...just use Shadowplay that's built into GeForce Experience with nVidia cards.

What FPS are you getting and what program are you using to do the streaming, And what speed do you have for Internet?

100-200 on Low settings, not lagging when I stream just a game. I meant FPS laggs btw:)

Internet 120/10mb upload, zero problems with that. Open Broadcast

Yes, i stream to twitch. What you mean? How does this shadowplay work? Its weird with it, my FPS on WoW isnt amazing but i can stream without problems at least on low settings. But I wanted this monitor capture.

Last edited:
100-200 on Low settings, not lagging when I stream just a game.

I am going to assume you are using a 60HZ monitor.
The reason why it looks laggy is because your FPS is way faster than your monitor's FPS, so things don't line up. Your card is rendering say 150 frames a sec, but your monitor can only show 60 a sec so things get screwy.

Enable V sync, or set the FPS cap to 60 if thats an option.
and turn your settings up to high or maximum, that PC can handle it.

I don't like vertical sync, idk why but it never works fine for me and feels weird. Dunno

Ye actually i changed some things and I had 150 FPS on WoW arena while streaming screen capture. It was fine i think, but a bit weird. Noticed like minimal lag but not sure, mb placebo. Had 100+ FPS so shouldnt be like that.

And yes, i have an old monitor :/

Btw additional thing that ****es me off. Whenever I run Movie Maker and i work on some editing, i keep gettin black screens. Its just blinking for a sec, black and normal. It's annoying and happens whenever i switch scene or i add sth to video. Same happens when I run VLC to watch some series or whatever, First appears blackscreen, then video. Any ideas?

Btw additional thing that ****es me off. Whenever I run Movie Maker and i work on some editing, i keep gettin black screens. Its just blinking for a sec, black and normal. It's annoying and happens whenever i switch scene or i add sth to video. Same happens when I run VLC to watch some series or whatever, First appears blackscreen, then video. Any ideas?

Try updating your video drivers from nVidia's website to the latest.

I have it updated. I have the same problem since months, now I changed almost entire PC except motherboard and SSD. I switched today on new video card so ye, its updated :)

I am going to assume you are using a 60HZ monitor.
The reason why it looks laggy is because your FPS is way faster than your monitor's FPS, so things don't line up. Your card is rendering say 150 frames a sec, but your monitor can only show 60 a sec so things get screwy.

Enable V sync, or set the FPS cap to 60 if thats an option.
and turn your settings up to high or maximum, that PC can handle it.
Refresh != FPS. I hate it when people misinterpret how it really works. You can still have higher than 60fps and have a smooth experience with a 60hz monitor. It's been done for years and probably will continue to do so. Vsync causes input lag and stutter when using a 60hz monitor because the GPU is being told to hold back. 120 and 144hz monitors alleviate this usually but there is either stuttering or lag only when using Vsync. This is why Gsync is so great because it keeps the monitor refresh and GPU FPS output exactly the same so there aren't any issues.

FPS over refresh only causes tearing and blur, not lag.

Ye so what's the point. This blinkinb black screen is annoying as hell, streaming 2nd thing. As i said it works, more less. Still feeling fps lagg a bit dunno but what a bout this screen? its so annoying to edit video and have this issue..

Back
Top Bottom