Hello and Female to Female Y Splitter

Krayzie

Beta member
Hello, this is the first forum I found, so... congrats =]

Also, I don't know where to post this, so mods, move if you must.

Amazon.com: Estone New 3 RCA Female Jack to 6 RCA Female Plug Splitter Audio Video AV Adapter Cable: Electronics

I want to know if it would be possible to recreate this product if I de-soldered the female ports on the back of 3 DVD players and just used the wiring I had from the male to male RCA cables?

Also, if you could describe some schematics, you'd have my thanks.

This is for splitting an XBox360 output to a USB capture card and my T.V.

Doubtful, you could probably rig something up if it were an emergency but these connectors are not designed to be reused. I've spent a lot of time harvesting crap out of old electronics. I'd give this one 50/50. But if you all already have the tools and your looking for a project give it a shot and see what happens. That's half the fun. Otherwise just spend the 5 bucks and get the adapter. You are on the right track though. Keep in mind you will get signal loss every time you split your signal. With one split it will probably be ok but there is a chance your TV and/or the capture device wont look as well as they should even with just one split. It's not just the voltage drop on the cable you have to worry about its also the internal components of the equipment you hook up to. Good luck.

You might be able to establish a connection but there could be a pretty heavy disturbance in the video feed.. I had a similar problem when doing something of the sort.

Thanks for the replies, I did buy the splitter, I was just interested in experimenting and making this.

Could someone describe how I would go about doing this? Because I have the idea for the most part, but I've never made something like this.

Back
Top Bottom