Please Help with AMD Kaveri Driver Issue (A8-7600)

That aside, the GPU is designed for DDR3-2133 NOT DDR3-1600, don't be surprised that the ram operating that much slower can actually be a critical hit, not sure why you don't think a $10 difference in RAM costs isn't justifiable for such a difference in speed.

I am pretty certain it wasn't designed for 2133mhz specifically, it was designed for 1600mhz for the masses, and then they made it even better for people with higher speeds.

it makes more sense to appeal to the majority with 1600mhz.

Try overclocking your ram. You don't have to worry about much, the only problem you can have is if you add volts, which you don't really need to do with a slight overclock. Google a tutorial

60956.png

Strange that when AMD shipped the chip out they shipped AMD branded RAM rated at 2133 instead of the 1600 to the reviewers and other tech websites to do benchmarks. In either case, it does cause a performance decrease to the GPU.

The score shown on the Fire Strike benchmark for my a8-7600 is 1,306. My score was only 680. I just want to point out that there is no way this is because of my ram speed only being 1600mhz instead of 2133mhz.
I also have updated the OS entirely and used the beta driver and the last 3 AMD drivers released.

I did try and overclock my ram to 1866mhz with the built in setting in my motherboard, but the OS wouldn't boot with it so I changed it back. I will have to look into it more, but I honestly wasn't looking into overclocking the ram. I just received my oversized heatsink I bought to be able to keep everything cool while gaming with this tiny form factor. I was hoping would fit in the ISK 110 case, but it didn't quite fit. I decided before I bought it that it would be worth it even if it didn't, and I would just modify the case. Anyway, I was just hoping to build a fairly amazing SFF pc for less than $400, but I am just stumped by this driver issue.

Well what do you want to do, game well or sit there soaking about your performance results by windows ?
If you want see if the ram can be sent back for a refund minus shipping cost on your end.
If you cannot not return it make plans on selling it this month if your serious.

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-2133C9D-8GXL - Newegg.com
Out of all the ram companys out there, don't use crucial for apu's causes nothing but issues system wise over time.

Gskill or Kingston would do for your current apu.
when I last had my apu, I went ahead an got ddr3 1866 8gb kingston.
Peformance for wise on gaming, it felt bread and butter simply awesome.
No lag no stuttering or nothing serious at all, hell I'd even felt like I had a GTX500 series in my pc a few times while playing and looking up at it.
Using it for windows and productivity... oh hell no, it took me less than a month to realize it wouldn't work out.
Especially when I put the whole computer to work 24/7. :/ "power user"

Just see whats best for you, if the gaming doesn't suck for the ram you have stick with it.
If it does and its newer end games from this year or 2013 just go ahead and get the ram I picked out.

Last edited:
I would just like to fix my driver issue. Like I said before my graphics driver is doing nothing. With a complete fresh install of windows 7 my Wei results are the same as they are with the graphics driver. Even with the 1600mhz ram both my graphics ratings should be at least a 6.8, and that's coming from my experience in 2 previous generations of these apu's. I see where you guys are coming from and I appreciate the effort, but the ram is not my issue here. It always helps to have higher speed ram, but if your not gaming often it's really not needed.

I would just like to fix my driver issue. Like I said before my graphics driver is doing nothing. With a complete fresh install of windows 7 my Wei results are the same as they are with the graphics driver. Even with the 1600mhz ram both my graphics ratings should be at least a 6.8, and that's coming from my experience in 2 previous generations of these apu's. I see where you guys are coming from and I appreciate the effort, but the ram is not my issue here. It always helps to have higher speed ram, but if your not gaming often it's really not needed.

:/ alright but if you want it fixed correctly follow my instructions.

1. Go visit to this site here AMD Driver Autodetect
"Download this and let it run"
2.Once its finished when it tells you what driver you have.
"Copy down what it says or hit prtscr button".
Save the screen shot in png format with ms paint and bring it back here.

Once we know that we'll go from there based on what the results say.

The auto detect was the first thing I did. It gave me the non beta latest driver for the desktop apu a series. Now it tells me I have the latest driver even if I remove it from the programs list. I have tried reinstalling the os, and I have also tried the beta driver with no change. I also looked up the previous 2 drivers besides these.

The auto detect was the first thing I did. It gave me the non beta latest driver for the desktop apu a series. Now it tells me I have the latest driver even if I remove it from the programs list. I have tried reinstalling the os, and I have also tried the beta driver with no change. I also looked up the previous 2 drivers besides these.

Ok backup for a minute so we don't get info incorrect.
You said the auto installer gave you the latest one right ?
Did you see the installer remove your old drivers and catalyst ?
Also since you have catalyst going, look into control panel of it.
Go to about and see which driver it gave you, once you know you post it here.
While your doing that check control panel of windows go programs add/remove.
Make the beta version is gone, if it isn't "just saying as a warning" you uninstall it and reboot the machine.

Back
Top Bottom