Computing issues after hardware update.

Lokeyz

Beta member
Hello and in advance sorry for my lack of general knowledge on this matter and such. I am posting this on behalf of my friend whom I am trying to help get hes computer working after a hardware update.

So my friend decided to slightly update hes computer couple of days ago and he bought a new processor,motherboard,RAM and SSD.

So he installed all the components (correctly) at least from what I saw, but we have encountered a problem with getting the computer to recognize the hard drive / SSD.

So the computer does get to BIOS and from there it does not recognize the SSD at any point. I have tried looking trough the settings and what not, but with not success. Any idea of what could be causing this?

Also the list of what my friend upgraded to:
- Asus Z97-P
-Kingston HyperX 8gb DDR3-1600Mhz
-Intel i5-4570 LGA 1150
-Kingston 120GB SSDnow v300

So the project is sort of on a standstill till we get wiser on the matter. :(

Well a few things to try but if he has a standard HD also installed disconnect it until windows is installed on the SSD , windows tends to defalt to the standard HD but if the SSD is there alone it will search more to find it being no other device is presant. As I remember after I had done that I had to go into the bios and set the SSD as the boot drive even though it was the only one in there, Also if the SSD came with any software check it out, Might have something to format so it will appear as a writable HD in stead of a empty storage device.

Dauntae

Hello and thank you for your response. We will try these steps and report back if they worked.
I have a small hunch that it might be something very simple that we just missed and didn't try so all ideas are welcome.

Alright we are trying to set up the SSD on another pc. On the other hand not much progress in this matter. We tried to hook HDD and SDD to the computer, but even when trying to install windows 7 it does not seem to find any drives for the installation. We also are going to update the BIOS to see if the problem would go away. Thank you for your answers.

only hook up the SSD drive to another pc without any other hard drives connected. See if it shows up in your bios to determine if the drive is good or not. If there's a problem with the drive, it won't show up in the bios and you'll need to replace that SSD

Try running these commands from the Setup's command prompt (press Shift+F10 at the Install WIndows screen where you select your language):
diskpart

list disk

select disk 0

clean

create partition primary

format fs=ntfs quick

active

exit

Alright. We had a great turn of events and turned out that simple BIOS update solved the problem. And the computer is now running great. Thanks for all answers! We tried to hook the SSD to my computer just to make sure it was functioning correctly and now we have a working computer for my friend. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom