LCD/motherboard compatability - ???

benfinden

Solid State Member
Hey Guys. My first post. Hoping this forum is the help I have been looking for.

What is the relationship between LCD and motherboard?
e.g.
I have a Sony VPCEA2C5E E-series 14". After a few years of constant use and abuse i decided to replace some parts.

I bought a Sony VPCEA3S1E from ebay which I knew had a dead motherboard but the guy had a recently purchased new LCD before realising the motherboard was the issue.

I swapped over various parts that I needed. Nothing critical, just chassis, hinges, fan, etc.

Then i tried the LCD and it didnt work. Put the old back in and it worked.

Can someone explain to me how compatibility works with motherboards and LCD screens please? They were both E-series so NAIVELY I thought it would work.clearly not.

I am a but new to this so sorry if this is elementary,

Thank you

Ben

Are you sure you had the connector pushed all the way in? I've done that mistakenly before - not had the connector pushed securely down.

What are the brand/model of each panel? Should be a sticker on the back of the LCD panel with that info.

Generally, only buy an LCD if you KNOW it will work with your model. For a compatible replacement, I use this site to order from: LAPTOP SCREEN from $34.99, replacement LCD screens. Repair Tablet, Acer, Apple, iPhone, iPad, Samsung, Dell, HP Compaq, Toshiba, IBM Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Gateway.

Thanks For the swift reply.

Will have to come back to you on the actual model numbers, i know they were different, but I suppose I just needed to about compatibility so thanks for the links..

I know that the motherboards,, while for the same series of laptop are different based on the parts numbers etc.

Just looking to not make the same mistake again.

The motherboard I need to replace is a Sony. pic attached. According to the seller of the lcd, it would work against this model.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom