Sempron 3850 gaming

How would a dual core clocked with less Ghz preform better against a processor that has a higher clock speed and has quad core. Also, what about pentium G3258? It's clocked at the same speed as the G420.

I'm building from scratch.

Check my link again from the cpu boss, also intels are indeed better than amd.
APU wise if your using it for strictly gaming go ahead buy it.
If your like anyone else and you need productivity, power and gaming wrapped into one.
The recent and newer end intel chips will do.
Even a good sandy bridge i3 or i5 would do you good when the hardware is matched up perfectly.
AMD old Phenom series and now FX series which will be retired by 2015 will go also.

Heres the board for your haswell, I had one other for LGA 775 and the LGA 1156.
I kid you not but I wouldn't use any other board besides them for intel and they have a good rep and the board lasted a long time.

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
When your done looking at pp link come back and let us know when you want to build.
Give us a estimated budget and what cpu maker you decide to go for.
With the intel cpu and mobo you have right now I could build you a pc for under 450.00 bucks.

Last edited:
Check my link again from the cpu boss, also intels are indeed better than amd.
APU wise if your using it for strictly gaming go ahead buy it.
If your like anyone else and you need productivity, power and gaming wrapped into one.
The recent and newer end intel chips will do.
Even a good sandy bridge i3 or i5 would do you good when the hardware is matched up perfectly.
AMD old Phenom series and now FX series which will be retired by 2015 will go also.

Heres the board for your haswell, I had one other for LGA 775 and the LGA 1156.
I kid you not but I wouldn't use any other board besides them for intel and they have a good rep and the board lasted a long time.

GIGABYTE GA-H81M-S2PV LGA 1150 Intel H81 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Newegg.com
When your done looking at pp link come back and let us know when you want to build.
Give us a estimated budget and what cpu maker you decide to go for.
With the intel cpu and mobo you have right now I could build you a pc for under 450.00 bucks.

I'm confused. So you would recommend an apu over the pentium you showed me for gaming?

I'm confused. So you would recommend an apu over the pentium you showed me for gaming?

As PP said, the 3258 would be better. That and a dedicated graphics card would would be way more beneficial over an APU.

Yes I would but if your telling me that apu is going to be strictly geared at gaming and watching media go ahead and get it.
If your going to be doing more "BESIDES" gaming yes that is main reason why I told you to get the pentium.

Productivity for work/school gaming and enough juice to other other junk.
Like I said the ball is in your court for you to choose which is best for your needs.

If your on a budget and need to game you could do it on a sempron. The thing is you have to pick a gpu that won't bottle neck.

If your on a budget and need to game you could do it on a sempron. The thing is you have to pick a gpu that won't bottle neck.

That and oc the cpu to atleast 2.7ghz would do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzZWg2V82QU

Gigabyte Ultra Durable 2 GV-N730D5-2GI GeForce GT 730 Graphic Card - 902 MHz Core - 2 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.0 x8 - Newegg.com

So either which way he goes with kingston or crucial ballistix at 8gb.
MSI or Gigabyte for amd/intel.

He should be set, if he took that video card and put with the apu I picked his machine would perform better.
That way his apu won't need to be the sole gpu/cpu doing everything and wearing out.

Won't be bottlenecked, which is slim to none. Higher end 3.5-4GHz quadcore APUs bottleneck lower end cards like a 260x. This thing would have to be clocked pretty high to not bottleneck a card AND be playing a game that support Mantle paired with a Mantle graphics card.

Back
Top Bottom