Building a Beowulf

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo: Don't mind me asking, lazerman, but what is a Beowulf?

A network of relatively inexpensive computers (including PCs), potentially using different processors and hardware architectures, united by GNU/Linux and special system-level software into a massively parallel computing system, so that all of the computers work as one computer. A good cheap way to have a supercomputer :)

lazerman,

We can work on infinite monkey theorem :D :p ;)

Hey just wondering if a duel mobo with 2 pentium 3's would be any help. can oc to 2ghz if u want it i might be able to give it to u

Don't know if it would be allowed but you guys could start a folding team of your own and run the program on your computers. It adds a little competition to help drive interest. Just a thought. If you don't want a team or care about points you could always use my user name and team :D

Josh

Josh18657,

Hey, iam impressed at this F@H , ive heard of it ,but never used it. Now i downloaded this software for linux , and its asking for a 'team number' .. what shld i give in that?

there are a few options for this, leave it at 0, this will not put your points towards any team, set up a team for these forums and enter that # or you can put the number of a team already set up. The team I am on is team 13285 (team ABIT).

here is a link to the form to start a new team
http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/createteam.pl

Josh

Josh18657,

Ive put up your team number. I cant create a team and add up users, i think ill help your team ;) ...my user name is intercodes.
Thanks ya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom