Memory/Partition Problem! C Drive

ImSofaKingAwesome

Baseband Member
So a month or 2 ago I got my custom computer. After a couple weeks of use, I saw that my C drive was almost full. It didn't really bother me at the moment but now it's gotten to....well. This.
3c429d2b901c7fa120ce74bfc49bfbe6.png

As you can see, the C drive is full but the E: drive has nearly 700 GB not in use. So by then I knew I had to extend the C drive. When doing so in computer management, I right clicked "C" only to find the Shrink Volume option available. Extend isn't highlighted nor is Delete. E did had this option so I shrunk it so I could have about 500 GB of Unallocated space. I right clicked C again to find Extend Volume is still not highlighted/bolded so I can't move the Unallocated space to the C drive. I then installed AOMEI and it's doing the same thing. Whenever I try to select "Extend" for the C drive, it's never available. Yet all the other drivers allow extending/shrinking.
What the heck!?

Are C and E separate HDD's, or are they just separate partitions on the same HDD?

Skip Windows partition management...it sucks IMO. Use a GParted LiveCD and adjust your partitions that way.

Well just to check for now open up Computer management and go to "Disk Management" under "Storage" -- How many Disks do you see?

My assumptions: Disk 1 is an SSD, Disk 0 is an HDD.
Your options are to either clone the C drive to the E drive (thus wiping E and leaving C basically useless) or uninstall some stuff and reinstall it on the E drive (which is probably what this setup was intended for)

My assumptions: Disk 1 is an SSD, Disk 0 is an HDD.
Your options are to either clone the C drive to the E drive (thus wiping E and leaving C basically useless) or uninstall some stuff and reinstall it on the E drive (which is probably what this setup was intended for)

Yeah I'll just uninstall some games and such and re-install it on the E Drive.
Wiping out drives really doesn't seem worth it.

Back
Top Bottom