Questions about Kill Disk.

We get computers that requires a install disk in order to restore it. Didn't know if formatting the hard drive would work.

Note, i'm not here to make their business better lol, just trying to learn for myself

If you run killdisk, you won't need to manually format the drive, windows will do that during the install process.
Sometimes some manufactures will put the restore image on a hidden partition on the hard drive and if you wipe it with killdisk, the restore disks won't be able to run because the restore image is gone. If that happens, you have to contact the manufacture in order to get a real restore disk

Last edited:
Yes this is true. Were i work at its restore then kill disk. If it wont restore, (mainly windows 7) then we have to salvage it.

What is the difference between VGA and DVI? I mess with them all day and i dont see that much of a difference.

In the boot CD just spam F8 (I believe) -- a command prompt will appear.
use the DISKPART program to format your drive.

In my experience diskpart takes way longer, but I've never performed a quick format :tongue:

VGA cables carry an analog signal while DVI carry digital signals. DVI usually produces a cleaner image. And DVI can support higher resolutions

In the boot CD just spam F8 (I believe) -- a command prompt will appear.
use the DISKPART program to format your drive.

In my experience diskpart takes way longer, but I've never performed a quick format :tongue:

VGA cables carry an analog signal while DVI carry digital signals. DVI usually produces a cleaner image. And DVI can support higher resolutions

So would dvi be better than hdmi?

Back
Top Bottom