Is burning software required for CD-RW drives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

True_Orb

Daemon Poster
Was going to buy one, but I remember the last CD-RW drive I bought required a CD to load burning software.
Can I buy OEM and not worry?!

some OEM's as well come with Burning softwares, check it with the seller first. or i'll give you one free as one came with my Sony CD-RW (died young) , but its s/w is used on many of the CD-R/RW's

and as well simple to use.

If you are using Windows XP you can just drag and drop and you can actually use NERO or some other kind of software if you have an earlier version of Windows

well, obviously Buffer higher is best, as when writing the CD, it caches the data in Buffer (that is at most immediate access to the Drive), so the more buffer more faster it will work.

also, please send me the liunk as well, as i want to see myself as if optical drives really started coming with 8MB buffer? amazing. 512K i have seen myself. but 8MB --- unbelieveable on optical drives.

Well then maybe not, I only saw the option on the newegg search. The one I have picked out is 2mb.

im not sure , but isnt 8mg on a dvd ? im not sure till i look my dvd burner up but i think its 8mg..got me wondering now...my old cdrw is 2 mg . question here on nero isnt the buffer your reffering to on the mobo ,( harddrive ) for the underrun protection or something like that ? ( temp file for transfers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom